Amazon droppin a 4K HDR Fire TV for $69.99 or bundled w/ an Echo Dot for $79.99 & madd new Echos

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
For those of you replacing the firetv box, the next generation model won't be out for a few months. The more expensive one linked here will push 4K 60fps but isn't more powerful than the 2nd gen firetv box.

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
For those of you replacing the firetv box, the next generation model won't be out for a few months. The more expensive one linked here will push 4K 60fps but isn't more powerful than the 2nd gen firetv box.
Which is the one to get if you've never had one though :patrice:

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
can you install android apk files + kodi ?
Yeah. Amazon has its own app store. Some apps like Kodi have been removed from there so you have to side load them. It's very easy though.

Which is the one to get if you've never had one though :patrice:

Depends on what you're trying to do. For *me*, I would never settle for anything less than the actual firetv box. Using a box then using the stick is like night and day. The menus and scrolling is much smoother. Neither of these two are on my radar so I'm not too sure but you should easily he able to get by on either.

I cop the new box every year. Once the new successor to the firetv box drops I'll cop that and move my current 2nd gen box to another room.

Johnny Kilroy

79 points in 1 quarter
Daps
Reppin
the midrange
I couldn't get Kodi to play 1080p without buffering, basically got up and bought the Box and never had problems since. Would love to know if you guys are getting true 4k over wifi or is it bumping it back to 720p.

Netflix recommends 25 mbps for 4k so you'd probably need about a 50 mbps connection to get that over wifi. What's your internet speed?