Amazon droppin a 4K HDR Fire TV for $69.99 or bundled w/ an Echo Dot for $79.99 & madd new Echos

JordanWearinThe45

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Aj3aW8t.jpg

All-New Fire TV with 4K Ultra HD and Alexa Voice Remote | Streaming Media Player

All-New Fire TV with 4K Ultra HD + Echo Dot

This is dope as fukk, way less than the new Apple TV. I just got a new firestick 3 months ago too :noah: Getting the Echo Dot for just $10 more is a nice lil deal :ehh:

RANDOM! [Shotgun Suge Voice] that pic up top remind me of:
LrNMJ9F.gif

:dead:
Amazon today introduced a new $69.99 Fire TV with HDR and 4K capabilities. The redesigned Fire TV is a small flat square dongle with an HDMI cable sticking out, and it again ships with an Alexa voice remote included. It’s basically a smaller version of the discontinued set-top box that now plugs into the back of your TV and hangs there. The previous Fire TV box already did 4K, but this one can now play it at 60 frames per second and adds HDR (high dynamic range) as a brand new feature to Amazon’s streaming devices.

Its announcement comes just days after Apple finally launched a new Apple TV with 4K support. But the Apple TV starts at $179, which is more than twice as expensive as this latest generation of Amazon’s Fire TV. That makes for a rough comparison if you’re Apple.

Amazon has chosen to support HDR10 but not Dolby Vision for HDR playback. On the audio side, the device offers Dolby Atmos integration. That’s an odd switch-around from Apple’s approach with the Apple TV 4K, which outputs both Dolby Vision and HDR10 but not the Atmos audio format. Neither device does everything that home theater enthusiasts are after.

The new Fire TV is powered by a 1.5Ghz quad-core processor and has access to tens of thousands of apps and Alexa skills; if you don’t want to bother with the remote, you can also pair the Fire TV with an Echo device in your home to control it with just your voice at any time.

Amazon announces new Fire TV with 4K and HDR for only $70

All-new Echo (2nd Generation) with improved sound, powered by Dolby, and a new design – Heather Gray Fabric

Introducing Echo Plus – Silver + Philips Hue Bulb

Introducing Echo Spot - Black

Echo Connect (requires Echo device)

Last edited:

Mike Nasty

Superstar
Daps
Looks like you need an Ethernet adapter, another $14.99. No way you could push 4k over WiFi.

Will rock the current Firebox until the reviews come in.
:patrice:

Mike Nasty

Superstar
Daps
I couldn't get Kodi to play 1080p without buffering, basically got up and bought the Box and never had problems since. Would love to know if you guys are getting true 4k over wifi or is it bumping it back to 720p.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I couldn't get Kodi to play 1080p without buffering, basically got up and bought the Box and never had problems since. Would love to know if you guys are getting true 4k over wifi or is it bumping it back to 720p.

was prob your box
i can stream 1080p fine with a 5 year old 1 gig ram android box

Mike Nasty

Superstar
Daps
I just assumed it was WiFi, since I never had the problem before or after when I used the Ethernet.

JordanWearinThe45

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Kodi works different. With Kodi, sometimes yeah shyt will buffer on 1080p, but shyt like Netflix I play Hd and 4K with no buffering at all. I have a 65” UHd 4K, I’d be able to tell if it dumbed down to 720

JordanWearinThe45

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That Echo Dot looks fukken fire. Not too sure about that new firetv tho :patrice:
It is, that shyt only $50 and I seen people put them in the ceiling or walls throughout the house to basically have Alexa controll smart home shyt. Like “Alexa turn on ge lights in the kitchen” or “Alexa set the temp to 70 degrees”

Mensch Fontana

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHHICEY
It is, that shyt only $50 and I seen people put them in the ceiling or walls throughout the house to basically have Alexa controll smart home shyt. Like “Alexa turn on ge lights in the kitchen” or “Alexa set the temp to 70 degrees”
I was talking about the new one, it's like a mini echo show.

It's the echo spot