Amazing Spiderman 2 is the REAL most underrated superhero movie of all time.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
look i understand it is not a perfect movie. the subplot regarding peter's parents is a phuckin shyt show that should have been chopped altogether. horrible, horrible stuff. weighs down the movie for no real reason and has no lasting impact on anything that's happening. ugh, terrible.

and yea, there were some things about the plot that felt kinda stupid.

and yea, the ending isn't really an ending. that glorified cliff hanger was a slap in the face.

this was NOT a grade-A flick

acknowledged. filed. noted.

but man, i struggle to understand where all the VENOM came from. THIS was the worst thing ever? really?

this movie pretty much fires on every other cylinder. you have an insanely charismatic lead who's entertaining as both spiderman and peter parker. you have great action. you have crazy over the top comic book villains. and on top of that it's all built on the foundation of what is hands down the greatest love chemistry in the history of superhero movies. peter and gwen in AS2 is the best duo of all time. period.

also, the scene of gwen's death. never before in a superhero movie did you have to say goodbye to a character you were so strongly attached to. compared to the rest of the field that is probably the most gut wrenching in any superhero movie. i really can't even think of anything else that comes close.

all in all i just really had a fun time when i saw this movie. i feel like there's something for both the kids and the adults. the kids get their cartoon superhero action and the adults actually get a decent romantic action-comedy.

:ehh:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
look i understand it is not a perfect movie. the subplot regarding peter's parents is a phuckin shyt show that should have been chopped altogether. horrible, horrible stuff. weighs down the movie for no real reason and has no lasting impact on anything that's happening. ugh, terrible.

and yea, there were some things about the plot that felt kinda stupid.

and yea, the ending isn't really an ending. that glorified cliff hanger was a slap in the face.

this was NOT a grade-A flick

acknowledged. filed. noted.

but man, i struggle to understand where all the VENOM came from. THIS was the worst thing ever? really?

this movie pretty much fires on every other cylinder. you have an insanely charismatic lead who's entertaining as both spiderman and peter parker. you have great action. you have crazy over the top comic book villains. and on top of that it's all built on the foundation of what is hands down the greatest love chemistry in the history of superhero movies. peter and gwen in AS2 is the best duo of all time. period.

also, the scene of gwen's death. never before in a superhero movie did you have to say goodbye to a character you were so strongly attached to. compared to the rest of the field that is probably the most gut wrenching in any superhero movie. i really can't even think of anything else that comes close.

all in all i just really had a fun time when i saw this movie. i feel like there's something for both the kids and the adults. the kids get their cartoon superhero action and the adults actually get a decent romantic action-comedy.

:ehh:

Of course...I concur. Peter being Peter and being a great spider-man. The chemistry between Peter and Gwen is palpable, and while the friendship between Peter and Harry is clearly rushed, they make it work as they do seem like friends. I think the issue with the movie is that it couldn't juggle the different tones it had going. But the action was on point, and that opening scene and Gwen's death are worth the price of admission alone

Last edited:

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
I just wish harry was in the first one to build more of a relationship with peter....overall a fun movie but it just felt like something was missing, cant put a finger on it.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I just wish harry was in the first one to build more of a relationship with peter....overall a fun movie but it just felt like something was missing, cant put a finger on it.

I think it was the fact that a lot of it didn't seem organic coming out of the 1st one, which I really really love. You could tell it existed to get to more movies rather than just being itself and having things just happen. Harry being shoehorned in and having that narrative that they were friends as kids as a part of that shoehorning typifies that

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
NOPE

I love how you are easy to dismiss the flaws of TAS 2, but then use old ass movies (which don't hold up) against Man of Steel :russell:

This is also the same cat that said DX > nWo in wrestling, was it this cat @R=G ? That's 0 out of 2 so far out of you from anything entertainment.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The Watchmen is the most underrated comic book movie of all-time.
That movie blew my mind and yet so many people either have not seen it, or called it boring.
That movie was incredible. Well-acted. Great special effects. Great casting.

It's on par with The Dark Knight as far as I'm concerned.

The problem is that Watchmen was a serious movie and kind of dark and so many movie goers didn't appreciate it because it wasn't cheesy and gimmicky and traditional in their "the hero saves the day" shyt like Captain America/Avengers/X-men...

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
That movie blew my mind and yet so many people either have not seen it, or called it boring.

The problem is that Watchmen was a serious movie and kind of dark and so many movie goers didn't appreciate it because it wasn't cheesy and gimmicky and traditional in their "the hero saves the day" shyt like Captain America/Avengers/X-men...
I like watchmen, but this might be a little too much :patrice:

I love the ultimate cut.

Daps
Reppin
harlem

Rorsharch is top 5 superhero characters of all time

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I like watchmen, but this might be a little too much :patrice:

I love the ultimate cut.
The thing about TDK is that Heath Ledger's joker is so supreme that it probably gives that movie the edge over anything.

But I really liked the Watchmen's characters and story. It had funny moments but it was gritty too.

I understand people not agreeing with me though.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
The thing about TDK is that Heath Ledger's joker is so supreme that it probably gives that movie the edge over anything.

But I really liked the Watchmen's characters and story. It had funny moments but it was gritty too.

I understand people not agreeing with me though.
i liked that movie alot
but honestly id rather them just make a movie about the Rorshac charcter
once that muthafukkas story came into play i gave no fukks about any of them other characters

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'll have to watch this one again.Saw it at the theater once, but I hardly remember anything about the film.

Amazing 1 & 2 all seems like one big blur to me

Raimi's Spider-Man 2 is in my top 5, tho.

That was the movie that got me into this comic book shyt

• Dap
Reactions: flo