am i wrong for being too pragmatic?

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
in a disagreement with my girl about this.

backstory: so we went out to the bite of seattle, the biggest food festival in the region . it was a last minute change of plans, my girls idea. I really didn’t want to go but was :manny: about it.

Festival started at 1000am, we pulled up at 3 PM, fighting terrible traffic from Tacoma to get there, had to scrounge for parking.

im :unimpressed: the whole time as i hate traffic and goin to events at peak time. as you can imagine we get there and the lines are insanely long and there’s no place to sit (we didn’t pack any lawn chairs or blankets anyway).

we walk around for a little bit and wind up hitting up food from one of the bigger vendors, wait about an hour for food. after we eat I’m like “let’s go home :manny: ” as in my mind there’s no reason to stay as the lines are too long to really enjoy the food and I’m not with walking around for no reason.

as we drive home my girl is like: “you need to relax and go with the flow more , we could’ve just walked around the festival and had a good time socializing :mjgrin:

Im like “walking around, for what? “ :mjtf:

i’m of the mentality if I’m not there for a reason , I don’t wanna be there. I left walk around just to walk around in high school. :yeshrug:

had it been up to me we would’ve gotten there early, and gotten in and out. At most we bring lawn chairs and a blanket and sit out on the concert grounds and enjoy the food and vibe to the music (the music was terrible though :mjlol: )

am i wrong here?

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
Yeah, I'm the same way especially at crowded venues. Unless you plan that shyt out to maximize convenience then fukk that. But sometimes wifey really wants to go and wants to go with you so you gotta suck it up and then let her know you told her so afterwards. Like yo, we got everything we need at home for a good time. Why fukk with all this clown shyt? :skip:

Seoul Gleou

Veteran
Daps
You're not pragmatic by virtue of you posting all this here instead of talking about it with a friend or family member that knows the both of you

Also, women don't go out to get things done, they go out to be around other people.

Belize King

All Star
Daps
I been with my Wife for 9 years now. I define what I want to accomplish when we head out. I get clarification when she wants to do something.

I’m aloof but I still like to know a plan.

Both of you knew it was going to be a shyt show on the way there.

You could have asked, “we trying to be there for an hour or three?” She should understand, parking, traffic, the long ass ride back to Tacoma, lines and prices.

Had you have spoke about it the night before, y’all probably would have canceled, got there in the morning or you would have been ready for the BS.

You seeing what marriage is like. GMB.
:russ:

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
ok one

you are not compatible at all if you were not experiencing that shyt the same way. my wife gets just as mad as i do if we fighting traffic to getout of a parking lot after an event/game or going into a packed event.

you gotta find you one on the same level.

secondly the fact that she didn't realize why you were annoyed by it at the ACTUAL event after you parked and was enjoying the bullshyt standing in line is doubly why yall ain't compatible. again my wife would not be with that shyts, neither am i.

i promise you there is someone else out there for you. either drop her or send her to those types of shyts alone if you trust her.

i can think of a million better things to do in seattle than go to a "seattle food festivial"

what's original to seattle? some new type of sushi you can get any other day? :dahell:

Daps
She wanted to walk around and be social for the experience. You viewed it as a task to get food, she viewed it as a date. It gets boring just sitting around the house. Activities bring you together, give you things to talk about, and things to do. I had to learn this, as I’m a chronic homebody.

Both people have to compromise and sometimes do things the other wants to do, because it’s important to the other person.

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
ok one

you are not compatible at all if you were not experiencing that shyt the same way. my wife gets just as mad as i do if we fighting traffic to getout of a parking lot after an event/game or going into a packed event.

you gotta find you one on the same level.

secondly the fact that she didn't realize why you were annoyed by it at the ACTUAL event after you parked and was enjoying the bullshyt standing in line is doubly why yall ain't compatible. again my wife would not be with that shyts, neither am i.

i promise you there is someone else out there for you. either drop her or send her to those types of shyts alone if you trust her.

i can think of a million better things to do in seattle than go to a "seattle food festivial"

what's original to seattle? some new type of sushi you can get any other day? :dahell:
its a showcase for vendors in the whole region so food u dont normally see in seattle. in fact i think a lot of these vendors dont even have storefronts, they only pop up for the festival.