Am I invisble...or is it me?

Behind-the-wheel

Living dead
Daps
Reppin
Death
*sigh*
I don't know what to do anymore.
I keep providing solutions to people and they keep on NOT using them!
:stopitslime:

Here's the situation...
The guy in charge of making our system imaging boot discs only builds based on what our imaging software manufacturer gives us.
That's not comprehensive enough for our test-team...
So I decided to make them a customized WIN-10PE boot disk with a skeletonized OS including all of the 64-bit versions of the imaging tools they need, a network auto-configuration app that launches at boot up, drivers for all the hardware platforms we use, a complete set of white-hat hack tools, Virtualized/portable versions of commonly used software that they might need, all of the microsoft imaging tools for Windows-10 and a full set of the administrative tools used in my organization.
Total size 1.32GB...takes 4 minutes to boot but does literally everything and anything you could need.

So yesterday I get called to the test lab with the testers complaining that they can't image their test laptops.
I ask them what boot disk they're using...they reply that they've tried every boot disk that is in the lab.
I sigh...
Then I ask them..."Did you use the boot disk that I built for you?"
"Oh no....we forgot about that."
:gucci:
But somehow they fukkin remember all the shytty non-functional boot discs that only load ghost-32 that the guy in charge of imaging makes.
:martin:

This isn't the first time that bullshyt like this has happened...
I'm starting to wonder if they just refuse to accept the fact that a black man is providing a solution that none of the white people can come up with. No matter what I innovate and create...they fail to implement it...yet constantly run to me to bail them out of a situation.

I don't fukking get it and I'm getting more and more pissed with each turn of the screw...
:pacspit:

Yapdatfool

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Least you have the opportunity to do those things... Where do you work at?

Workin IT with cacs, they hated when I questioned anything they used to do or have done before I got there, cause it usually didn't work to begin with. Plus I never got the chance to be creative and proactive with them.

The IT team i'm part of now... all black:blessed::wow:don't even got to worry about that BS.

m0rninggl0ry

All Star
Daps
Least you have the opportunity to do those things... Where do you work at?

Workin IT with cacs, they hated when I questioned anything they used to do or have done before I got there, cause it usually didn't work to begin with. Plus I never got the chance to be creative and proactive with them.

The IT team i'm part of now... all black:blessed::wow:don't even got to worry about that BS.

An all black IT team, where at?

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That's one of the main reasons I left my last job. They were an unorganized mess and had no interest in changing. Tried to tell me they weren't allowed to get a standard file format from companies providing us claims data. So the database team would have to map the data month after month and seeing as though how none of them had a background in healthcare, they screwed up every month and projects were delayed every month. So frustrating.

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
*sigh*
I don't know what to do anymore.
I keep providing solutions to people and they keep on NOT using them!
:stopitslime:

Here's the situation...
The guy in charge of making our system imaging boot discs only builds based on what our imaging software manufacturer gives us.
That's not comprehensive enough for our test-team...
So I decided to make them a customized WIN-10PE boot disk with a skeletonized OS including all of the 64-bit versions of the imaging tools they need, a network auto-configuration app that launches at boot up, drivers for all the hardware platforms we use, a complete set of white-hat hack tools, Virtualized/portable versions of commonly used software that they might need, all of the microsoft imaging tools for Windows-10 and a full set of the administrative tools used in my organization.
Total size 1.32GB...takes 4 minutes to boot but does literally everything and anything you could need.

So yesterday I get called to the test lab with the testers complaining that they can't image their test laptops.
I ask them what boot disk they're using...they reply that they've tried every boot disk that is in the lab.
I sigh...
Then I ask them..."Did you use the boot disk that I built for you?"
"Oh no....we forgot about that."
:gucci:
But somehow they fukkin remember all the shytty non-functional boot discs that only load ghost-32 that the guy in charge of imaging makes.
:martin:

This isn't the first time that bullshyt like this has happened...
I'm starting to wonder if they just refuse to accept the fact that a black man is providing a solution that none of the white people can come up with. No matter what I innovate and create...they fail to implement it...yet constantly run to me to bail them out of a situation.

I don't fukking get it and I'm getting more and more pissed with each turn of the screw...
:pacspit:

All that jargon is making my head spin, but the situation is clear.

Do you ever ask them why they don't use your ideas?

Behind-the-wheel

Living dead
Daps
Reppin
Death
All that jargon is making my head spin, but the situation is clear.

Do you ever ask them why they don't use your ideas?

Not yet.
I've been stewing over the years just sitting back and watching them beat their heads in frustration until the director (cac) starts banging on desks and threatening to take away funding for projects...then I come back AGAIN with my solution and then they use it.
They even fielded one of my inventions but somehow they forget to use it at the local lab.
Maybe I should try asking them...You know what...I will!!!
Maybe it's something other than racism or favoritism or stupidity...
:ohhh:

Behind-the-wheel

Living dead
Daps
Reppin
Death
Take your solution to that director directly and detail (bullet points) how it will save them time and money...

Unfortunately that can't happen anymore.
There was an incident about 5 years back where we had a very horrible manager (now gone), who had a specialty in psychology, run a psychological experiment on the staff. He manipulated middle management and the technicians and caused a rift between upper management and the technicians. People quit...others were written up, upper management was permanently scarred.
Now, there are three layers of middle management between the technicians (like me) and upper management (like the director).
The only way to get information to the upper management level is through the 3 layers of middle management. Emails, phone calls, you name it...it all goes through middle management. That's why nothing ever gets accomplished in time or efficiently. Even by Army standards, our organization is behind the power curve (all due to inefficient management).
About the only way I could ever get his direct ear is outside of work...and considering our disparate lifestyles...there's no way I'd ever have anything enough in common with him to show up in his life outside of work...for anything.

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
Not yet.
I've been stewing over the years just sitting back and watching them beat their heads in frustration until the director (cac) starts banging on desks and threatening to take away funding for projects...then I come back AGAIN with my solution and then they use it.
They even fielded one of my inventions but somehow they forget to use it at the local lab.
Maybe I should try asking them...You know what...I will!!!
Maybe it's something other than racism or favoritism or stupidity...
:ohhh:

:ehh:

Golden.Frame

Rookie
Daps
Why are you still working here? You said you've been stewing for YEARS? Have you been promoted at all, complimented, given a bonus, anything? If they're taking you for granted, and you don't see your career advancing there, what is keeping there? may be time to plan an exit strategy. Start your own business, and swipe up your old company's clientèle (as legally as you can o' course) or just work for people who appreciate you.

Behind-the-wheel

Living dead
Daps
Reppin
Death
Why are you still working here? You said you've been stewing for YEARS? Have you been promoted at all, complimented, given a bonus, anything? If they're taking you for granted, and you don't see your career advancing there, what is keeping there? may be time to plan an exit strategy. Start your own business, and swipe up your old company's clientèle (as legally as you can o' course) or just work for people who appreciate you.

Oh they throw plenty of money at me with guaranteed bonuses and raises annually.
Started out around 70k 9 years ago, well into six figures currently.
But I want more than the money....I want recognition and accolades. I know I have a lot to be thankful for and don't get me wrong....I'm not complaining about the majority of my career...I just want to be able to help out and be allowed to help. I have ideas and inventions that could truly benefit the company if they would just see and hear me!!!

Well, I'm working on an exit strategy currently...I don't see the current management ever doing anything differently before the organization gets absorbed into another mil-organization in the next 2-5 years. I'm starting the search in 2018 unless an opportunity makes itself knows before then.