Am I crazy for wanting a faster paced job?

Huellz Santana

Shocking
Daps
Reppin
Da city where the skinny nikkas die
:dwillhuh:

right now I'm doing good at my job. im a senior engineer, good guap, awesome stability, and very low stress.

:ahh:

but i feel like im not reaching my potential. i feel complacent. i remember being in other work environments and while I was stressed, it was a good stress because I was constantly challenging myself. also i live in the middle of nowhere. :future:

i mean its cool making money and choppin it up with you guys all day but i feel like I'd do better in a situation where I'm so busy i dont even have time to log onto here.

I'm a high performer so I'd excel regardless. only thing i wont do is high pressure sales. fukk that.

thoughts? opinions?

(btw we need a career forum and not that bs in Higher Learning)​

mtu wa chuma

archangel of terror
Supporter
Daps
You're not crazy, im the same as you. I feel energized when I come into work and know its a busy day with lots to do. Not only do I feel confident that im being trusted with lots of responsibilities which in turn makes me work even better, the day also goes faster.

I had this boring office job a while ago where everyday was a struggle to get out if bed because there was literally nothing to do. I'd spend the day posting on forums and an 8hr day sometimes felt like a year. I had never been happier when I was let go.

Chris.B

Banned
Daps
what's stopping you from taking side classes and certs if you want to challenge yourself?

What field of IT are you in?

cleanface coney

Superstar
Daps
naw thats what i psuhed for and got it

fukk coming to work everyday and doing some shyt if you not mentally stimulated

i make less money now but imma have more power when it come time for me to want something different

Human Torch

Byrd Gang šŸ¦…
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly born. PG raised
I'm hoping that my next position is low-stress(start next week). Hopefully that will give me the stability financially but also give me enough energy to start my own business. Not sure what yet but I'll figure something out.

Y not get some certs like Chris.B said or get start something on your own? Something where you could get that good stress as you build while still knowing you got that easy money from you current job comin in too.