Almost Had to Lay Hands on Gamestop Manager

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I traded in my Switch because, let's face it, outside of MK8, It just collected dust. So I decided to trade it in for in store credits at the local gamestop. I walk in prepared for a quick transaction. Nintendo Switch, controllers, MK8, Pokemon Snap:francis:
and Pokemon Sword. Probably the most pathetic lineup of Switch games in the country.

Manager starts going thru the games. He like:
"oh man shocked to see someone trading in a switch with the new Pokemon games out. Have you tried them?" I'm like nah I wasnt a fan of Arceus and these new games just don't look compelling enough for me.

"What don't you like about them bro"? I tell him for one, the graphics are sub par albeit slightly better then Arceus. The glitches are really bad so I've read and I'm just not moved by the game at this point. I'll pass this go around.

He gets a lil attitude and starts going on about how it's frustrating to him how people bad mouth the game when they havent played it and does a disservice to the franchise and Game Freak as a company. So I was like I don't bad mouth the game. I made observations, didn't like what I saw or read and decided to pass. Simple.

So this mf steady going on about how he would never make a decision on a game without playing it first. A bit annoyed, I said would you eat a piece of shyt? He laughed thinking I was joking. But I was serious. I said would you? And he was like of course not bro. I said exactly, you don't need to experience eating shyt to know that it's not for you. Thats how I feel about Scarlet and Violet. I guess he took that question as a sign of aggression because he nervously laughed and was quiet afterwards.

He quickly ran my transaction and got me tf up outta there. The nerve of these mfs man. You'd think nintendo was paying these nikkas.
Probably should have waited until after the new Zelda came out. Might be the best game for it.

SupaVillain

Keep your glory, gold and glitter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
OP was finna beat the shyt out of a nikka that looked like this
nerdfacecover.jpg

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
I haven't been to GameStop in like a decade. I swear every time you buy something there; they want to add in "Are you sure?" or some other shyt about some other non-related game :beli:

Software

RIP Future Gohan
Daps
Reppin
Swole Gang
I actually ended up with 2 copies of Xenoblade 3 at launch. For the hell of it I entertained what they could give me. Not even $30 in store credit and only $25 for cash.

:skip: :mjlol:

Mind you this is a few days after the game launched.
They love it when people will play a new game beat it then trade it in while it's still a recent release. They get more than a 100% return on investment after they sell it again for $54 after giving you $25 for it.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I actually ended up with 2 copies of Xenoblade 3 at launch. For the hell of it I entertained what they could give me. Not even $30 in store credit and only $25 for cash.

:skip: :mjlol:

Mind you this is a few days after the game launched.
What they offered doesn't make sense to you? The trade in at Gamestop or really any store (outside of a Samsung phone trade in offer) exist to exploit people who are too lazy to sell their own stuff. There's a tax for that convenience.

Justin Nitsuj

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
I thought having a PS5 would make me miss going into GameStop not buying and interacting with fellow gamers about certain games.

Turns out I don't miss a damn thing and rather have my games delivered to me. :pachaha:
But really tho, the only time I go into GameStop now is to sell old games and consoles because at least you get more from them than you would at a pawn shop.