All this talk about Kamala Harris being black or not made me think about the Dominicans are black wars..

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
What's good coli? Been a minute. For those who aren't familiar with me, I'm a Dominican who used to constantly go to war with the coli over the whole "Dominicans are black" arguments back in the day.

To clarify, I absolutely know Dominicans have African ancestry, I am not a retard.

...but I just want to ask.. since the consensus on the coli was that we black and any arguments were seen as c00n behavior...

Are we entitled to reparations too? :mjpls:

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
What's good coli? Been a minute. For those who aren't familiar with me, I'm a Dominican who used to constantly go to war with the coli over the whole "Dominicans are black" arguments back in the day.

To clarify, I absolutely know Dominicans have African ancestry, I am not a retard.

...but I just want to ask.. since the consensus on the coli was that we black and any arguments were seen as c00n behavior...

The reparations should come from Spain and France first :unimpressed:

*Italy Portugal etc too :mjpls:*

Last edited:

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
The reparations should come from Spain and France first :unimpressed:
Yes but what we were told is that we are black, and when some of us argued that black is an American thing to separate descendants of American slaves, and that we Dominicans, Cubans, Colombians etc did not identify as black because we did not recognize this as an identity where we were from, we were told we are just c00ns (insert Godfrey meme)

Roger king

Superstar
Daps
There is no ambiguity about harris except from right wing charlatans and grifters, she is black and south asian.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth

African ancestry would mean you are black, yes.

But you are not a Black American descendent of slaves from the United States. That would be up to the DR to provide reparations for you and your family

Mike Nasty

Superstar
Daps
Yes but what we were told is that we are black, and when some of us argued that black is an American thing to separate descendants of American slaves, and that we Dominicans, Cubans, Colombians etc did not identify as black because we did not recognize this as an identity where we were from, we were told we are just c00ns (insert Godfrey meme)
wtf_talking_about_wolf_of_wallstreet.gif

Ty Daniels

Superstar
Daps
Being "Black" doesn't mean you qualify for Reparations.

Being Black and ALSO being Descended from Victims of American Chattel Slavery, Does.

If your ancestors were enslaved outside if America, take up the Reparations charge against the offending European Countries/Parties

Ty Daniels

Superstar
Daps

The concept of "Black" and "White", Phenotypes is thousands of years old, and is not something that was only created in America.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR

Being "Black" doesn't mean you qualify for Reparations.

Being Black and ALSO being Descended from Victims of American Chattel Slavery, Does.

If your ancestors were enslaved outside if America, take up the Reparations charge against the offending European Countries/Parties

The concept of "Black" and "White", Phenotypes is thousands of years old, and is not something that was only created in America.

Maybe I am not wording it right but what I am trying to say is that my argument has always been that black is more than just a skin color but it's a culture, African American descendant of slave culture to be exact. This same argument is now being used by those AAs who say Kamala is not black or before her that Obama is not like them because neither of them is descended from American descendants of slaves.

It was always my position that the denial of being black by Dominicans like me isn't always a denial of African ancestry but a denial of American culture.

But this was a bad thread made impulsively. I don't do forums like I used to im :flabbynsick: when it comes to posting online so I would be fine with a thread deletion lol

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My brother in christ we can't say this applies to all when we got people line Zoe Saldana and Sammy Sosa around.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
My brother in christ we can't say this applies to all when we got people line Zoe Saldana and Sammy Sosa around.
Zoe Saldana and Sammy Sosa aren't representative of us all just like Jesse Paterson and Clarence Thomas isn't a rep of y'all

Fill Collins

I like the one that says shum pulp
Daps
Trigueno greaseballs are not Black, no matter how dark your grandmother/father was or how many corny New Yorkers try that one drop rule bullshyt

Y'all claim "Spanish" yet forget who should be giving y'all reparations, if you or your family came here by choice, you deserve nothing from this country

There ARE Black Dominicans and I don't see them deny their Blackness, same with Afro-Cubans, Afro-PRs, Garifunas, etc. I will concede that

Ty Daniels

Superstar
Daps
Maybe I am not wording it right but what I am trying to say is that my argument has always been that black is more than just a skin color but it's a culture, African American descendant of slave culture to be exact. This same argument is now being used by those AAs who say Kamala is not black or before her that Obama is not like them because neither of them is descended from American descendants of slaves.

It was always my position that the denial of being black by Dominicans like me isn't always a denial of African ancestry but a denial of American culture.

But this was a bad thread made impulsively. I don't do forums like I used to im :flabbynsick: when it comes to posting online so I would be fine with a thread deletion lol

Thousands of YEARS before YOU were born, the idea of there being "Blacks" and "Whites" existed, this is not my "opinion", but documented facts.

BEFORE America, the Spaniards were calling Africans "Negroes" AKA Blacks.

There is Black American Culture(s), that in modern times is seen as "Default Black", because our Ancestors were Resilient Phenomenal People.

But "Black American" is an ETHNICITY, not the same thing as a "Race", this is also why many Black Americans support "Delineation" and moving towards naming ourselves with terms like ADOS, FBA Etc...

Race and Ethnicity are not always the same thing.

There are "Non-African" Blacks(Melanesian, Australoid, Negrito etc..), that are Genetically "Eurasian" and don't possess Modern African Ancestry.
These people are not Genetically African Related, BUT still are "Black" due to PHENOTYPE.

Your question (if serious and not Trolling), is easily answered by research.

Last edited:

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
Zoe Saldana and Sammy Sosa aren't representative of us all just like Jesse Paterson and Clarence Thomas isn't a rep of y'all

Also people keep saying the whole "well if you weren't slaves in America talk to Europe about your reparations!"

yet I'm pretty sure Britain and Portugal had a hand in the slave trade of the Americas as well.

I don't bother with the reparations talk here cause it's just all emotions and wishcasting.

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset

Actually OP if you are of have family from Samana, you might actually be descendant of an American slave and entitled to reparations, don't let The Coli keep you from your birthright :mjpls: