All of this child spoiling and worshipping is creating a new LEVEL of SPOILED BlTCHES!!!

Stuntone

Louisiana Made, DC PAID!
Daps
Reppin
IT Cert-Gang Mafia, GMB and HOH
Too many poor parents spoiling their children when they really don't have it like that. It creates an illusion of wealth and entitlements that aren't really there. Once the get out of school they finally realize their family don't have no real connects or hookups outside of Footlocker.

Imagine being one of the flyest in school to being a broke boy begging for help with cellphone bill a year later? :mjcry:

This causes resentment toward the parents (usually single parent) that tricked them into thinking they had it made and not preparing them for how hard the real work really is.

Now you have a 19 to 23 year old, with a 2.0 GPA, no real skills and talents. No connects in the job market. And all they do is complain about no one giving them a job. And how people they were in school with are driving nice cars and are making good money.

:gucci:

Poor people, Stop spoiling these kids. It's TRICKERY.

HopeKillCure

Banned
Daps
Reppin
On a queue
How about preparing children for the white supremacy reality that their parents and their grandparents have been under systematic oppression for decades and that graduating from a university will put them at a hiring disadvantage to...oooh... let me think...A white ex-con with a high school diploma and (obviously) a disadvantage to all their non-black peers.:mjgrin:

bigrodthe1

The Kang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
7mile to SE & Uptown!
I understand what the OP is trying to say but I don't think he is painting the picture well. I see it in my community. Hell my "sometimes" girl buys her now 15 year old daughter all these expensive shoes and shyt, gucci, high end jordans and a bunch of other shyt I can't even spell but does NOTHING to make her appreciate and understand what goes into her being able to receive that shyt. She doesn't make her clean up shyt, she has been kicked out of school 3 times in less than 2 school years over fights that are supposedly based on people being "jealous" of her :martin: she creates an illusion of entitlement that is only going to get worse as she gets older. Hell her mother can't REALLY even afford that shyt. If you renting shyt and struggling with car notes and other bills and still trying to get your kid 600 dollar shoes then something is wrong with the parent as well.
I don't really see this as much with black fathers. I do agree that kids from these type of environments will run into issues later when THEY can't afford to clothe themselves like they became accustomed too while in Mama house :yeshrug:

IdealMan

Banned
Daps
I think it promotes the bad spending habits that tend to cripple the black community more than anything. Black people don't resent their parents enough imo, most of our people have us out here starting from scratch and trying to build a little something for ourselves as soon as we hit 18.

Daps
How about preparing children for the white supremacy reality that their parents and their grandparents have been under systematic oppression for decades and that graduating from a university will put them at a hiring disadvantage to...oooh... let me think...A white ex-con with a high school diploma and (obviously) a disadvantage to all their non-black peers.:mjgrin:
ehhh

they gotta study the right things too

i think we don't encourage our kids to think about money and how hard it is to make it. We dont tell our kids it costs half a day to a full day's labor to buy a sneaker that cost 2 dollars to make.

We also dont tell them to study finance and computer science, or STEM majors that grant more autonomy of work, financial stability, and merit-based promotions and bonuses. A crap ton of azn and white kids studied finance, but only a handful of blacks

We don't encourage them to sell stuff, own a business, so that has to change.

All my parents said was go to school study study, but that dosen't correlate to actually having a passion, or a motivation to do things. All going ot school does at the end of the day is teach you to work for someone else. But I do appreciate being financially strapped, taught me how to appreciate money and made me into a cheapass, which i am proud of