All National offices need age limits and they should tie it to the Social Security age.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I agree and id say like 55. They need to be able to live through their political consequences with a clear mind before that senility sets in.

And make this every office because the local city council here in charlotte is fukkin up big time. Just because they are local doesn't mean your 2 min allocation at a once a month public meeting means anything to them.
nah I'd say 65 is sufficient. Usually you don't start leading an entire entity until your 50s (your 40s tend to be you as a lead of a division but not the whole show).

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
All of this would not be a problem if the vast majority of people that do not vote became politically aware and actually voted. Cant get mad at the old and dumb for voting in the same people primary after primary, election after election if they are the only ones voting.

concise

Veteran
Daps
You have zero point. I’m talking about the voting bloc. And Beto is 51. Far from ancient and made a conscious effort to speak to the youth. They failed him. Hell, Gov. hot wheels is far from ancient compared to these two mf’s running now and guess what? His constituency shows up on Election Day and doesn’t have a woe is me attitude towards him running. Trump is 3 yrs younger than Biden but you haven’t heard the Repubs utter one word about this nikka being too old for the job. The other side tho :mjpls:

I see.

You are pretending to miss the point.

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
All of this would not be a problem if the vast majority of people that do not vote became politically aware and actually voted. Cant get mad at the old and dumb for voting in the same people primary after primary, election after election if they are the only ones voting.
People keep thinking these old people who actually vote are going to vote younger candidates or something.. They’re actually voting in who they know. If they get younger people to vote the same way that’s how you keep getting the same old people.

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
No it’s not and you just grasping right now. You want change, vote. Plain and simple. Saw it in Texas with Beto. Young folks were out in mass during the buildup. Come Election Day, no where to be fukkin found. Don’t get on here bytchin and complaining when you won’t attempt to do the easiest part of your civic duty by voting but actively try to passive aggressively sway others from doing it too with BS threads like this. FOH
Most of this board doesn't qualify as "young folks", but that makes the Coli attitude towards voting that much more juvenile.

concise

Veteran
Daps

Lloyd Doggett, 77
Raul Grijalva, 76
Seth Moulton, 45
Mike Quigley, 65
Angie Craig, 52
Adam Smith, 59
Jerry Nadler, 77
Mark Takano, 63
Joe Morelle, 67

Half of these people should be stepping down also.
:patrice: