All National offices need age limits and they should tie it to the Social Security age.

concise

Veteran
Daps
This debate last night was a complete farce with both of these old men up way past their bedtime.

If there is an age floor, then we should also have an age ceiling.
Congress, Senate, President, Supreme Court ... all of them need to be out on their 67th birthdays.
:camby:

If they feel like they still have something to offer, they can run for their local county or city council where people can actually see them regularly and monitor their mental changes.

Jimmy from Linkedin

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Managing Director at Breh & Breh, Inc
This debate last night was a complete farce with both of these old men up way past their bedtime.

If there is an age floor, then we should also have an age ceiling.
Congress, Senate, President, Supreme Court ... all of them need to be out on their 67th birthdays.
:camby:

If they feel like they still have something to offer, they can run for their local county or city council where people can actually see them regularly and monitor their mental changes.

I agree and id say like 55. They need to be able to live through their political consequences with a clear mind before that senility sets in.

And make this every office because the local city council here in charlotte is fukkin up big time. Just because they are local doesn't mean your 2 min allocation at a once a month public meeting means anything to them.

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
I’d say there’s a built in mechanism to halt this kinda thing called voting but a lot of y’all don’t believe in it (or being told not to by agent provocateurs) so this is what you get. Anyone who tells you so is labeled a bootlicker or other insult. If you needed last night to know who you’re voting for, I’d say you’re already a lost cause.

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
I’d say there’s a built in mechanism to halt this kinda thing called voting but a lot of y’all don’t believe in it (or being told not to by agent provocateurs) so this is what you get. Anyone who tells you so is labeled a bootlicker or other insult. If you needed last night to know who you’re voting for, I’d say you’re already a lost cause.
Yep.

concise

Veteran
Daps

This is lile saying we do not need term limits because "someone" will just knock an incumbent out.

DaPresident

Miami Hurricanes football fan...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Miami Hurricanes,Dallas Cowboys, St. John's, DMV
Whole political field needs an overhaul…

Politicians care less and less about the folks they are put in office to help and protect…this is and has always been a way for folk to enrich themselves…which isn’t necessarily a bad thing, they just need to be there for us, the public

Lucky_Lefty

Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
This is lile saying we do not need term limits because "someone" will just knock an incumbent out.
No it’s not and you just grasping right now. You want change, vote. Plain and simple. Saw it in Texas with Beto. Young folks were out in mass during the buildup. Come Election Day, no where to be fukkin found. Don’t get on here bytchin and complaining when you won’t attempt to do the easiest part of your civic duty by voting but actively try to passive aggressively sway others from doing it too with BS threads like this. FOH

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Intelligent people don't depend on social security. Sucks we'll lose out on the thousands we put into it though.
Intelligent people make up less than 10% of the work force. They'll be fine. Everyone will drown in debt, poverty, addiction and health ailments.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
Intelligent people make up less than 10% of the work force. They'll be fine. Everyone will drown in debt, poverty, addiction and health ailments.

I don't believe you on the first part. It's common sense to not depend on social security. You don't really get shyt, my grandma just barely got enough and she can't put money in the bank or it'll be reduced. Your retirement plan shouldn't even consider SSI

As for the 2nd part, well that's the person's fault.

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus

and they'd be stunned by how much old people have, and always will vote.

concise

Veteran
Daps
No it’s not and you just grasping right now. You want change, vote. Plain and simple. Saw it in Texas with Beto. Young folks were out in mass during the buildup. Come Election Day, no where to be fukkin found. Don’t get on here bytchin and complaining when you won’t attempt to do the easiest part of your civic duty by voting but actively try to passive aggressively sway others from doing it too with BS threads like this. FOH

Greg Abbott is not 67.
Beto O'Rourke is not 67.

You are missing the point.

Lucky_Lefty

Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
Greg Abbott is not 67.
Beto O'Rourke is not 67.

You are missing the point.
You have zero point. I’m talking about the voting bloc. And Beto is 51. Far from ancient and made a conscious effort to speak to the youth. They failed him. Hell, Gov. hot wheels is far from ancient compared to these two mf’s running now and guess what? His constituency shows up on Election Day and doesn’t have a woe is me attitude towards him running. Trump is 3 yrs younger than Biden but you haven’t heard the Repubs utter one word about this nikka being too old for the job. The other side tho :mjpls: