All In Huh? The Official 2024 New York Yankees Season Thread

puggle

Superstar
Daps
Judge needed to at least knock in a run with a sac fly :francis: deflated the atmosphere a bit.

For all his amazing regular season numbers, he just hasn't replicated it in the playoffs. Hopefully that first inning strikeout is just a blip in the radar and he goes on to have Arod like 2009 run.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Earlier this week I saw a meme that said the playoffs should have local announcers. Nobody wants to listen to ESPN.

I got nothing against Bob Costas or anybody but these games never feel right without Michael Kay (and for my preference, Ken Singleton)

3rdLetter

Pushin afros back to '76
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Qnz, NYC
The bye doing these nikkas no favors. On the other hand, if they had to play in the wildcard they would've gotten swept :heh:

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Wacha got 4 more innings like this. Always a pain in the ass.

Earlier this week I saw a meme that said the playoffs should have local announcers. Nobody wants to listen to ESPN.

I got nothing against Bob Costas or anybody but these games never feel right without Michael Kay (and for my preference, Ken Singleton)
It's never gonna happen because MLB ain't tryna kill off their national numbers because we have an affinity for the locals.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The bye doing these nikkas no favors. On the other hand, if they had to play in the wildcard they would've gotten swept :heh:
It's like I said.

The Yankees have to get hits. They have power. But HRs are very volatile. You need the guys to make contact, get on base and put pressure on the pitcher and defense.

Hit the ball up the middle and the other way. Those of us who remember the 90s Yankees saw them do this all the time. That's how they beat more talented teams like the Braves and Indians.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It does look like Cole is warming up.

He touched 97-98 in this 3rd inning and he was a bit slower than that to start the game.

K-Deini

GOAT
Supporter
Daps
It's like I said.

The Yankees have to get hits. They have power. But HRs are very volatile. You need the guys to make contact, get on base and put pressure on the pitcher and defense.

Hit the ball up the middle and the other way. Those of us who remember the 90s Yankees saw them do this all the time. That's how they beat more talented teams like the Braves and Indians.
How the mets been winning :mjcry: