All In Huh? The Official 2024 New York Yankees Season Thread

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Is it possible to package Holmes, Cashman and Boone together for either the current crippled version of Mike Trout or Grimmace from McDonalds?

Asking for a friend.
At the risk of sounding hyperbolic I’d even be willing to lose Soto in free agency if it meant Cashman would be fired. He’s made the last entire decade a waste of time because he refuses to go all in at any point and keeps terrible players on this team getting regular playing time even as it costs them game after game. His refusal to go all in for Cole, Machado, and Harper in 2018 & 2019 cost them at least one pennant. His refusal to address the starting rotation, left field, catcher, shortstop, or centerfield turned 2021 and 2022 into complete wastes of time. His refusal to address first base, third base, left field, or centerfield made last year a waste of time. His refusal to address first base, second base, left field, and the pen has now turned this year into a waste of time too.

Hard to stay invested when the team won’t fire the guy who makes nothing but mistake after mistake.

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
At the risk of sounding hyperbolic I’d even be willing to lose Soto in free agency if it meant Cashman would be fired. He’s made the last entire decade a waste of time because he refuses to go all in at any point and keeps terrible players on this team getting regular playing time even as it costs them game after game. His refusal to go all in for Cole, Machado, and Harper in 2018 & 2019 cost them at least one pennant. His refusal to address the starting rotation, left field, catcher, shortstop, or centerfield turned 2021 and 2022 into complete wastes of time. His refusal to address first base, third base, left field, or centerfield made last year a waste of time. His refusal to address first base, second base, left field, and the pen has now turned this year into a waste of time too.

Hard to stay invested when the team won’t fire the guy who makes nothing but mistake after mistake.

Man, I told my coworkers back in 2018/19 that Cashman should’ve been fired for not getting Harper, Machado AND Dusty Baker.

At this point having Soto is a consolation so they better throw him a fųcking bag. But I hope he expresses how much he doesn’t like Boone just to get the ball rolling to get Boone up outta here.

Cashman clearly has pics of George crossed dressed up on some Oscar De La Hoya shīt because it seems the job is his for life. Dude has survived a bunch of subpar seasons and his side chick crashing out.

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps

Judge leaving might've had repercussions because Cashman negatively impacted the relationship with some of his public comments and leaking offers. That's part of why Hal went directly to him at the 12th hour and got it done.

Soto leaving wouldn't be held against Cashman because that ball isn't in his court. Boras is gonna have a direct line to Hal, Cohen and whatever other owner wants in and it's gonna be about a number on a piece of paper, GMs are irrelevant when bidding reaches those heights.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Man, I told my coworkers back in 2018/19 that Cashman should’ve been fired for not getting Harper, Machado AND Dusty Baker.

At this point having Soto is a consolation so they better throw him a fųcking bag. But I hope he expresses how much he doesn’t like Boone just to get the ball rolling to get Boone up outta here.

Cashman clearly has pics of George crossed dressed up on some Oscar De La Hoya shīt because it seems the job is his for life. Dude has survived a bunch of subpar seasons and his side chick crashing out.
2004 he lets Pettitte and Clemens walk in free agency after they threw for 421+ innings in 2003. Pitching is awful all season and a huge reason the blown 3-0 lead happens. His inability to find pitching wasted their 2004-08 window. Another low point is his being ready to let Rodriguez walk after 2007 before Hank stepped in. 2010 he refuses to go all in for Cliff Lee only for Lee and the rangers to beat them in the ALCS. Then he lowballs and disrespected Jeter to the extent he nearly leaves for Boston that winter. In 2012 he and the rest of the front office hide the severity of A-Rod’s hip injury in hopes he’ll play & compound it and be forced to retire instead of collecting his last 5 years of the contract. This bleeds into 2013 where he helps bud selig launch an investigation that leads to a 3 time PED violation suspension despite no failed test. That same winter he lets Cano walk and replaces him with a bunch of old guys and Jacoby Ellsbury. Then in 2016 he forces Rodriguez into retirement during a lost year at 696 homers knowing the disrespect he’s showing to the history of the game by doing that. 2018 he refuses to trade Andujar, Clint Frazier, and Chance Adams in a deal for Cole to Pittsburgh (this also cost them the pennant in 2019 as much as the Harper & Machado issues). Then there’s the last 5 years which are the worst I’ve ever seen from any GM in any sport. Two division titles in the last 11 years despite sharing the East with two teams who refuse to spend, one who implodes every few years, and another who always does 1-2 big things wrong. Disgraceful.

He must have an ownership stake or something similar to it. On top of all this he wastes anywhere between $50-100 million every year in awful contracts. It’s embarrassing that a self professed numbers guy like Hal won’t fire a guy who sets as much money on fire as Cashman does.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
So I did a little digging for comparison. In 2021 Chapman blew 4 saves. He had no blown saves with 2 losses in 2022. They still pulled the plug on him anyway. Holmes led the team with 5 blown saves in 2022 as well. I know they refuse to ever admit a mistake, but this guy was a castoff from the pirates who had a career 5.57 ERA when he got here and he’s not gonna be here next season anyway. This is the biggest thing to point to when I say everyone in this front office needs to go. They’re out here refusing to bench guys who suck that won’t even be on the team next year anyway.

Mantle Drunk

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
That’s my biggest beef Holmes was a good find not a horrible relief pitcher by any means but why he gets the rope he gets I don’t understand.

Play the hot hand don’t just name him closer and refuse to budge on it.

Thats the problem they refuse to acknowledge fukk ups. And bench or drop anyone. It’s at the detriment of the team and I don’t understand why they do it

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
That’s my biggest beef Holmes was a good find not a horrible relief pitcher by any means but why he gets the rope he gets I don’t understand.

Thats the problem they refuse to acknowledge fukk ups. And bench or drop anyone. It’s at the detriment of the team and I don’t understand why they do it

The front office would rather lose if it meant they didn’t get to win “their” way

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

The front office would rather lose if it meant they didn’t get to win “their” way
Been this way since the boss died. The only concern for Hal is reach his desired profit margins and the only priority for Cashman is refuse to admit fault while chasing moves that gets him praised as a genius despite just 2 division titles in the last 11 years. Same reason Jerry Jones fired Jimmy Johnson.

Cashman is terminally insecure about not getting credit for winning with teams he didn’t build and that were supercharged by Steinbrenner’s spending habits so now he’s bent on trying to win while refusing to fill the roster with great players and won’t bench bad players while employing a manager who has no clue what to do in any situation. The irony of course is that his refusal to do it any way but specifically his way is why they don’t win.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
So I did a little digging for comparison. In 2021 Chapman blew 4 saves. He had no blown saves with 2 losses in 2022. They still pulled the plug on him anyway. Holmes led the team with 5 blown saves in 2022 as well. I know they refuse to ever admit a mistake, but this guy was a castoff from the pirates who had a career 5.57 ERA when he got here and he’s not gonna be here next season anyway. This is the biggest thing to point to when I say everyone in this front office needs to go. They’re out here refusing to bench guys who suck that won’t even be on the team next year anyway.
because Chapman smiled after choking against Altuve. That's equal to 15 blown saves to Yankee fans.

I'm convinced (other than Judge's influence with Verdugo) he doesn't remove PT from vets who won't be back because Cashman wants the option to pivot in case they lose Soto. If the Yankees lose Soto, I doubt Cashman compounds it by losing Holmes/Torres/maybe Verdugo as well (even though I'd let em all go regardless). He doesn't wanna burn that bridge because in his mind, we'll be down at 2B, 2 OF spots and closer with no real way to replace them. What the Yankee braintrust has to understand is that if they lose Soto, they're not winning at all, so you might as well sign me to play LF.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
because Chapman smiled after choking against Altuve. That's equal to 15 blown saves to Yankee fans.

I'm convinced (other than Judge's influence with Verdugo) he doesn't remove PT from vets who won't be back because Cashman wants the option to pivot in case they lose Soto. If the Yankees lose Soto, I doubt Cashman compounds it by losing Holmes/Torres/maybe Verdugo as well (even though I'd let em all go regardless). He doesn't wanna burn that bridge because in his mind, we'll be down at 2B, 2 OF spots and closer with no real way to replace them. What the Yankee braintrust has to understand is that if they lose Soto, they're not winning at all, so you might as well sign me to play LF.
It’s wild that we look at that loss to Houston without remembering that the big story of the offseason was the Astros stealing signs at an organizational level which led to them knowing which pitches were coming. Losing Holmes, Torres, and Verdugo would be addition by subtraction. If they lose Soto, they may as well trade Judge and Cole to start a rebuild but with a new GM since the window will be slammed shut. That’s the 2021 Yankees all over again but 4 years later.