All In Huh? The Official 2024 New York Yankees Season Thread

3rdLetter

Pushin afros back to '76
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Qnz, NYC
Yup, like every year we’re counting our injured players coming back as our biggest trade deadline additions.

SP Schmidt
Hitters: Stanton/Martian/Berti
Bullpen: Effross/Ian
The old manager of my favorite soccer team (Arsenal) used to say this shyt and it made me pull my hair out every time he said it.

IGSaint12

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Insane we passed on Flaherty. Like it has to be they either didn't want to trade to the Yankees or Cashman is a fukking idiot. No inbetween.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I get the feeling other GMs just don't like dealing with Cashman rather than adding a Yankee tax
All the more reason to fire him. Teams don’t want to deal with him because he doesn’t want to make trades unless he thinks he’s ripped off the other guy. It’s a big part of why he only ever trades garbage for garbage.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Don't let cash and Hal tell you they're all in. Jazz and a couple of relievers? Is that really all they think stands in the way of a championship?
He really thinks the team he set up in Spring is gonna win it all and if it doesn't, he'll just kick the dirt and say darn our luck.

I'm not even mad we didn't acquire Flaherty.

I am upset that he didn't trade Cortes and Torres and thinks just because Jazz is black and athletic that you can just hand him a 3B glove for the first time and not miss a beat.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
He really thinks the team he set up in Spring is gonna win it all and if it doesn't, he'll just kick the dirt and say darn our luck.

I'm not even mad we didn't acquire Flaherty.

I am upset that he didn't trade Cortes and Torres and thinks just because Jazz is black and athletic that you can just hand him a 3B glove for the first time and not miss a beat.
Total apathy from the front office. He doesn’t want to win unless it’s 100% on his terms in a manner that puts all the credit on him.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Once we got Jazz we were out on Rengifo

I'm gonna repeat myself.

If the Yankees lose Soto, the Yankees shouldn't do ANYTHING this offseason.
If they lose Soto, what they need to do is fire Cashman and let the new GM do as he sees fit, whether it’s try a huge spending spree to get a title with Cole and Judge or trade them for top prospects, gut the payroll, and do a full on rebuild from scratch. At this point the only way Cashman should be allowed back next year (it’s really been this way all year) is if he delivers a parade. Enough half measures, excuses, and taking no accountability for any of his failures.

NYChase718

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If they lose Soto, what they need to do is fire Cashman and let the new GM do as he sees fit, whether it’s try a huge spending spree to get a title with Cole and Judge or trade them for top prospects, gut the payroll, and do a full on rebuild from scratch. At this point the only way Cashman should be allowed back next year (it’s really been this way all year) is if he delivers a parade. Enough half measures, excuses, and taking no accountability for any of his failures.

Not sure how much longer anyone can be a fan of this team if they let soto go to queens

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
look at the free agents this winter.

There is no spending spree to be had.