All In Huh? The Official 2024 New York Yankees Season Thread

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Rodon has given up 3 runs or less in 17 of his 22 starts this year :jbhmm:. So he’s basically got 5 starts that have torpedoed his numbers this year.
Yeah he's been solid this year.
He just isn't the same pitcher he was at the end of his time in Chicago and in San Francisco when he was putting up truly elite strikeout rates.

I don't know that he can return to that. He's almost 32 years old.
But the Yankees have him for 4 more seasons, so they must hope that he can stick around in that 3.50-4.00 ERA range going forward.

I will say that it's POSSIBLE Rodon turns back the clock a little and has a better 2025, because he's given up a ridiculous 23 HR so far and might lead the majors.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Yeah he's been solid this year.
He just isn't the same pitcher he was at the end of his time in Chicago and in San Francisco when he was putting up truly elite strikeout rates.

I don't know that he can return to that. He's almost 32 years old.
But the Yankees have him for 4 more seasons, so they must hope that he can stick around in that 3.50-4.00 ERA range going forward.

I will say that it's POSSIBLE Rodon turns back the clock a little and has a better 2025, because he's given up a ridiculous 23 HR so far and might lead the majors.
He’d given up no more than 22 in a season until this year so this is an outlier to be fair. Even more key than limiting homers is limiting them with men on. Verlander led the majors in home runs allowed in 2019 but had a sub 2.60 ERA and won the Cy Young that season in large part because most of them were solo homers.