All In Huh? The Official 2024 New York Yankees Season Thread

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Him and Boone have overstated their welcome by a huge margin at this point and the wack shīt is the season is shaping up like a typical season in baseball because the Astros are magically awake, the O’s are temporarily not a punching bag this season — and the Yankees are looking like the damn Lakers just trying to scape by for a play-in aka the damn wild card.

Cashman gon botch the trade deadline and watch Soto dip after this season and some random team like the Brewers throw him a bag in November.
He’s overstayed his welcome by 20 years now. I can’t wait to hear the excuses when he lowballs Soto and loses him in free agency before he goes on to spend 120% of what Soto ends up getting on guys who suck like how he lost cano and then passed on Harper, machado, Turner, Seager, Olson, freeman, and Correa. How he didn’t get fired after trying to chase both Jeter and Judge out of town makes my head spin. I just hope judge and Cole have the sense to want out after they lose Soto and that the fans have the good sense to stop showing up because Hal won’t act until attendance resembles the numbers at the marlins park or the Oakland coliseum.

“Low risk high reward” … theres never a reward
:mjlol:
Within 18 months of Corey Kluber throwing that no hitter against the 100 loss last place rangers he’d brought in 4 of their 9 starting position players that game :scusthov: :dead:

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
This team needs help.

And I kinda think that Gerrit Cole needs his beard back to really return to his dominant self.

End the goddamn facial hair ban.
I'm obviously kidding but not really.
I agree 100% on ending the grooming policy. It’s another huge sign of how out of touch and stagnant this team is. Hal has just left it in place because he does no maintenance on the Ferrari he inherited. Steinbrenner put that shyt in place himself and enforced it because that was his vision for the Yankees even if it was dumb. At this point everything needs to change about this team because they’ve become an even more stagnant, stuffy, out of touch old money franchise than even the giants are. This is another reason I hated them passing on Harper so much even more so than the on the field stuff. Young great players with personality and a unique look and are desperately needed to inject a shot of adrenaline into this clubhouse. As problematic as the lack of talent on this team is, the lack of fight and attitude is even worse.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I agree 100% on ending the grooming policy. It’s another huge sign of how out of touch and stagnant this team is. Hal has just left it in place because he does no maintenance on the Ferrari he inherited. Steinbrenner put that shyt in place himself and enforced it because that was his vision for the Yankees even if it was dumb. At this point everything needs to change about this team because they’ve become an even more stagnant, stuffy, out of touch old money franchise than even the giants are. This is another reason I hated them passing on Harper so much even more so than the on the field stuff. Young great players with personality and a unique look and are desperately needed to inject a shot of adrenaline into this clubhouse. As problematic as the lack of talent on this team is, the lack of fight and attitude is even worse.
Absolutely on the highlighted.

Man. I have dreams of Bryce Harper in a Yankee uniform, crushing homers deep to right like a prime Josh Hamilton.

:wow:

Mantle Drunk

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
I don’t understand how they let Luis areas get traded twice right under there noses and he’s been the perfect fit and exactly what they’ve needed for years.

Just another in the extensive list of fukk ups of Brian Cashman.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I don’t understand how they let Luis areas get traded twice right under there noses and he’s been the perfect fit and exactly what they’ve needed for years.

Just another in the extensive list of fukk ups of Brian Cashman.
I’d been saying they needed him this entire time too. Haven’t had a proper lead off man since 2012, but Cashman never cares about having a good hitter at the top of the order. They could’ve traded Torres for pitching help or to improve at third or first too same way they should’ve tried to trade him for Lindor in 2020 instead of moving him to shortstop. Always shooting themselves in the foot.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He's not Luis Arraez but I guess if you're looking for a player who squares the ball up and has positional flexibility, Brendan Donovan of the Cardinals is somewhat interesting. At least to me.

He doesn't fix the lineup and he doesn't hit for a ton of power. But he can play multiple infield positions and he gets on base better than most Yankees do.

Mantle Drunk

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
I think it’s pretty clear the Yankees analytics to value arraez which is another huge part of the problem
I’d been saying they needed him this entire time too. Haven’t had a proper lead off man since 2012, but Cashman never cares about having a good hitter at the top of the order. They could’ve traded Torres for pitching help or to improve at third or first too same way they should’ve tried to trade him for Lindor in 2020 instead of moving him to shortstop. Always shooting themselves in

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I think it’s pretty clear the Yankees analytics to value arraez which is another huge part of the problem
Batting average means nothing to them, which is why they were happy to get guys like gallo who was a career .207 hitter when they went after him and Donaldson whose average had been in steep decline for years. Same with Rizzo who was getting into his 30’s when they traded for him and was hitting 50+ points lower in 2021 than he was just 2 years prior. Meanwhile look at the 1996 lineup. 4 guys who’d won at least one batting title were regulars in that order. Then Derek Jeter was in that lineup too. Look at the year by year averages of all the guys on the 1998 and 2009 teams. Consistently high batting averages matter and they always will.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's about balance.

You don't want 9 Luis Arraez in a lineup.
But you don't want 9 Kyle Schwarbers either.

It might have been George Brett who said that batting averages matter because in the postseason when you're facing the best pitchers, the guys who can hit will hit. The guys who can't hit, but accumulate home runs off of the 4th and 5th starters during the season won't hit anything.