All In Huh? The Official 2024 New York Yankees Season Thread

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
They have to trade for 2 infielders. Rice is 4 for his last 46 at bats and they don’t even have a third baseman on the roster on top of it being clear they’re not bringing Torres back. It’s unrealistic to expect 3 new infielders but they have to get 2 while hoping wells, the Martian, and Stanton all contribute.

They also still need to convince Soto that it’s the right call to sign here long term, which relying on washed up vets on bad deals and rookies isn’t likely to do. This of course won’t happen with Cashman in charge so the first order of business this winter has to be firing him. At this point I consider getting rid of him as big, if not a more important task than even getting Soto re-signed. Think how bad the 2021 lineup around Stanton and Judge was and now that supporting cast looks like the 1998 batting order by comparison to this one that he’s assembled.
I wanna give Rice the benefit of the doubt because the process was handled correctly with him. Maybe don't hit him leadoff, but you might as well use him and hope he makes it tough for Cashman/Boone to wanna use Rizzo because they will use him.

Wells, Volpe and to a lesser extent, Rice, gotta produce no matter what. We cannot win a title in spite of the system. That is impossible now.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Not sure why there are rumors of the Yankees acquiring Jazz Chisholm.
He's not a very good player and I don't think he moves the needle a whole lot.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
He's better than Verdugo. Can get Judge out of CF plus provide some speed. He's on pace to close to 30 to 40 steals this year and 20-30 HRs. His only real problem is staying healthy.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He's better than Verdugo. Can get Judge out of CF plus provide some speed. He's on pace to close to 30 to 40 steals this year and 20-30 HRs. His only real problem is staying healthy.
Getting Jazz Chisholm would be the typical Brian Cashman trade.

Scared to make a ballsy move for a GOOD player, so you try to get cute with a flawed player.

If the Yankees won't go after a Luis Robert then what the hell is the point? Just trade for a 1B and play whatever outfielders you got.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York

Scared to make a ballsy move for a GOOD player, so you try to get cute with a flawed player.

If the Yankees won't go after a Luis Robert then what the hell is the point? Just trade for a 1B and play whatever outfielders you got.
Jazz is having a better year than Luis Robert. Just sayin' . . .

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

It’s also the typical Cashman move in the sense that it doesn’t fix first or third base, nor does it solve the leadoff spot which has been an issue since Jeter fractured his ankle all the way back in 2012 :beli:

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando
Yanks are always gonna be in the running for any competent lefty hitter.