All In Huh? The Official 2024 New York Yankees Season Thread

Derek Lee

#thunderup
Supporter
Daps
Jake Diekman getting a save in a one run game against the heart of the order. You can't make this shyt up :dead:

Mantle Drunk

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
Listen Judge is great and I don’t want to sound down on him but I’ve been saying for a long time when it’s time to really step up and tighten the screws as a pitcher Judge gets overwhelmed.

Been that way his whole career that’s why I have no issue saying Soto is a better hitter. He just really is.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
I'm afraid he's looking like a low-leverage merchant.

I went and looked at Jeter's clutch numbers, and Judge could never
I've been leery of Judge in situations like this since the Yankees split that ALDS series in Boston and he passed by their locker room blasting New York, New York only for Boston to come back and beat the Yankees both times at home. Judge until 2022 wasn't getting clutch hits for shyt. Then he has the magical year where all his big hits came. Besides that, he benefits from having a lineup so ass that it's not even worth presenting him the opportunity to prove he can be better. But a night like tonight? he does this too much.

When the Martian comes back, either he hits leadoff or he's in between Soto and Judge.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I've been leery of Judge in situations like this since the Yankees split that ALDS series in Boston and he passed by their locker room blasting New York, New York only for Boston to come back and beat the Yankees both times at home. Judge until 2022 wasn't getting clutch hits for shyt. Then he has the magical year where all his big hits came. Besides that, he benefits from having a lineup so ass that it's not even worth presenting him the opportunity to prove he can be better. But a night like tonight? he does this too much.

When the Martian comes back, either he hits leadoff or he's in between Soto and Judge.
He needs to hit in back of Judge. The team is dead last in ops out of the cleanup spot and I doubt it’s particularly close. He isn’t getting anything to hit and that won’t change until the cleanup hitter starts to produce.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Team went 1-9 with runners in scoring position again :scust:. They’re 7-45 with runners in scoring position over the past 5 games :hhh:

Last edited:

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
He needs to hit in back of Judge. The team is dead last in ops out of the cleanup spot and I doubt it’s particularly close. He isn’t getting anything to hit and that won’t change until the cleanup hitter starts to produce.
my guess is they'll lead him off cuz he has crazy speed, but they'll just rely on Stanton

LF Dominguez
RF Soto
CF Judge
DH Stanton
C Wells
2B Torres
1B Rice
3B---???????? Give me Vivas
SS Volpe

A week from now, I don't expect everything fixed, but 2 things I absolutely want:

1. DJ Lemahieu released. If he was being lazy or not a likable figure, they woulda released him by now. Next year, they'll have $26 mil locked in to Hicks and DJ and they may both be off the team. It may be too late for Cashman, but in him always tryna lower the AAV, he's paying dearly on the backend, so what is he even saving the Yankees financially? At this point, Jorbit Vivas has to come up AND play every day.

2. Nestor and/or Gleyber off the team. I'll settle for one of them, but if both happen, so be it. Loser ass vibes.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
my guess is they'll lead him off cuz he has crazy speed, but they'll just rely on Stanton

LF Dominguez
RF Soto
CF Judge
DH Stanton
C Wells
2B Torres
1B Rice
3B---???????? Give me Vivas
SS Volpe

A week from now, I don't expect everything fixed, but 2 things I absolutely want:

1. DJ Lemahieu released. If he was being lazy or not a likable figure, they woulda released him by now. Next year, they'll have $26 mil locked in to Hicks and DJ and they may both be off the team. It may be too late for Cashman, but in him always tryna lower the AAV, he's paying dearly on the backend, so what is he even saving the Yankees financially? At this point, Jorbit Vivas has to come up AND play every day.

2. Nestor and/or Gleyber off the team. I'll settle for one of them, but if both happen, so be it. Loser ass vibes.
They have to trade for 2 infielders. Rice is 4 for his last 46 at bats and they don’t even have a third baseman on the roster on top of it being clear they’re not bringing Torres back. It’s unrealistic to expect 3 new infielders but they have to get 2 while hoping wells, the Martian, and Stanton all contribute.

They also still need to convince Soto that it’s the right call to sign here long term, which relying on washed up vets on bad deals and rookies isn’t likely to do. This of course won’t happen with Cashman in charge so the first order of business this winter has to be firing him. At this point I consider getting rid of him as big, if not a more important task than even getting Soto re-signed. Think how bad the 2021 lineup around Stanton and Judge was and now that supporting cast looks like the 1998 batting order by comparison to this one that he’s assembled.