All In Huh? The Official 2024 New York Yankees Season Thread

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Can someone throw a shoe at the guy or something? If for anything just to see how he’ll react. It’s like he’s a robot programmed to say the same shyt regardless if it makes any sense at all. For 7 years now they’ve been one of the worst teams in baseball with men on base and they’ve never been a particularly disciplined team under him, perpetually prone to self inflicted mistakes. Are reporters so desperate for access that they’ll keep listening to this guy recite shyt from a teleprompter he knows isn’t true that’s of no substance anyway? What do the press gain from reporting about whatever word salad Boone gives them after a loss that’s entirely on them for making so many mistakes over the course of the game?
Access. They're super soft on Boone because of that

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Access. They're super soft on Boone because of that
I understand they gain access but when he says nothing of substance and the team has a fairly deep history in recent years of either speaking in nothing but word salad or just straight up lying to everyone about everything, what value does that access have?

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
They needed to either extend or trade him last winter. It never goes well for the team when they let a guy hit a contract year.
that's usually true for managers

for players, you'd hope they produce in a walk year to hit free agency at peak value. Soto's doing just that. Gleyber and Verdugo have shrunk.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Team can be painful to watch, but getting to see Soto and Judge hit is such a privilege. Especially Soto. Since he came up with the Nats he has had my full attention. One of the only players I've ever seen make a walk look captivating and swagged out.
The sheer volume of Dominican flags that start flying every time he steps into the batters box amazes me every time I see it. I can’t remember the last young player who immediately had the crowd this hyped besides Judge in 2017. Pay that guy whatever he asks for. I’ve never heard anyone get as loud a reaction as he gets. Every time he comes up to bat in a big moment and I’m at the game I start wondering if my eardrum is gonna split. Special doesn’t do justice to the sort of player he is. Even the game I went to in Boston he drew a huge reaction from the Yankee fans in the crowd. How many lefties you know that hit homers over the monster at Fenway?

As electrifying as any player I’ve ever seen :wow: