All In Huh? The Official 2024 New York Yankees Season Thread

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I don't know how many games this team's lost with Holmes being a bytch and the defense playing like little leaguers in the 9th :mjcry:
That’s his 4th loss of the year and he’d have another blown save if not for Soto. Still, he basically got 5 outs today and if the defense actually played like major league caliber players then they win. As much as we want to get on him for letting 2 men on, two separate blown routine plays cannot happen. All 3 runs were unearned.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Too many mediocre players deciding games

Verdugo quickly reverted back to the player that I thought he was

Volpe is a one-dimensional player unfortunately

And I've already said what I needed to say about out "ALL-STAR" closer
One dimensional is being kind to that guy. He flat out sucks. He’s pinch runner territory for me. Not a major league caliber hitter and in the biggest moment of his career he whiffs on a little league caliber player.

g-ice

aka #DiamondNightmare
Daps
Reppin
Bronx (Marble Hill), NY
He threw more balls than strikes

Threw 4 completely unserious pitches to Rutschman to load the bases

He gets 90 percent of the blame. He's a bum

And I’m still not faulting when he got a rountine grounder and a standard fly ball.

Breh literally got two outs that led to three runs. I get it he’s not a reliable closer but I’m simply not going to go scorch earth on him for today.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
And I’m still not faulting when he got a rountine grounder and a standard fly ball.

Breh literally got two outs that led to three runs. I get it he’s not a reliable closer but I’m simply not going to go scorch earth on him for today.
The fly ball to Verdugo had a .150 expected batting average and he falls down like someone accidentally pulled the R2/right trigger chasing the ball.

Imagine what these losers like Volpe and Verdugo would look like in October when they're choking like this in July.
Turner, Seager, and Correa were all free agents too

IGSaint12

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Imagine what these losers like Volpe and Verdugo would look like in October when they're choking like this in July.

I've totally lost faith in Volpe when I initially thought he could be baby Jeter. And Verdugo I want gone for awhile now. I hope Dominguez gets his spot when he's healthy or I really don't know wtf Cashman is doing.

holidayinn21

:SmugMoneyMike:
Daps
Reppin
The mutha****in BX

If this was a one-off thing, I wouldn't be so harsh. But he constantly leaves the team with no margin for error. That's the point I'm making

For every routine grounder botched, there's Grisham saving the game for him like he did against the Rays. There's Soto saving him on multiple occasions

I'm sorry. He not getting a pass because of someone else's fukkups

holidayinn21

:SmugMoneyMike:
Daps
Reppin
The mutha****in BX
One dimensional is being kind to that guy. He flat out sucks. He’s pinch runner territory for me. Not a major league caliber hitter and in the biggest moment of his career he whiffs on a little league caliber player.
He's legit with the glove. He saved two runs earlier. He's saved about 10 errors from the catchers

But the bat is non-existent, and he plays everyday. Problem is his offensive woes are magnified because the rest of the lineup is not good

puggle

Superstar
Daps
That’s his 4th loss of the year and he’d have another blown save if not for Soto. Still, he basically got 5 outs today and if the defense actually played like major league caliber players then they win. As much as we want to get on him for letting 2 men on, two separate blown routine plays cannot happen. All 3 runs were unearned.
One disturbing trend is he always lets the other team walk it off against him, he can never minimize the damage to at least have the team to go into extras. Now you can argue if that's a good thing with their record in extra innings but when he loses it, he's a lock to give up multiple runs.