All In Huh? The Official 2024 New York Yankees Season Thread

Mantle Drunk

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
I don’t even undersee tree and how you get injured when you barely run the bases to begin with. If you basically don’t run why does it even matter if you have a strain.

Grifter

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Watching
Last year's hammy strain took out Stanton for 6 weeks. :francis:

This could speak a lot to things, Gleyber said Mendoza stayed on his ass whenever he fukked up.

"He was always the guy, when I did bad things, he went hard with me," Torres says. "It was good. Maybe in the moment, someone can tell you something that you don’t like to hear. But that’s the best thing for a culture."

"From the first day I came to the organization, Mendy helped me with everything," Torres says.

"He helped me to get mature quicker. He was the infield coordinator. Then the first couple years [in the big leagues], if I didn’t run hard on the bases, or things like that, he would go straight to me. 'Hey, you have to do the little things. You have to be a professional. If you get mad because you fail in one at-bat, you have to be a professional.'"

"He doesn’t care who I am," said Torres, meaning that he was a top prospect, then an All-Star. "If he had the right answer for me, he would always come straight to me. And I love it. If I do bad, just tell me. That’s the only way I can be better and fix it for later."

So maybe he just needs a foot constantly in his ass. :dame:

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think the Yankees have to give serious consideration toward trading for Pete Alonso.

In my opinion their lineup needs more balance and 1B is a major hole in offensive production.

If they really are intent on going all in, that's where they should go because I don't think their offense matches up with the Dodgers or Phillies, and maybe not even as good as the Orioles.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
Uptown and the Bronx
I think the Yankees have to give serious consideration toward trading for Pete Alonso.

In my opinion their lineup needs more balance and 1B is a major hole in offensive production.

If they really are intent on going all in, that's where they should go because I don't think their offense matches up with the Dodgers or Phillies, and maybe not even as good as the Orioles.
fukk NO

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York

Maybe the can sign him as a FA but Yanks and Mets never do big deals out of fear of embarrassment from losing trade. Maybe trade for Goldshmidt or AZ's 1B.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
Uptown and the Bronx
When the lineup struggles to score runs in the postseason, because everyone but Soto and Judge are struggling, dap me up when I said "I told you so".

:unimpressed:
I’m not trading the sun moon and stars for half a year of Pete (not that the Mets are sellers anyway right now).

The problem the Yankees have is that they bytch up with RISP (and that includes Judge too). The guys who always wind up in those situations aren’t the people you’re replacing. It’s the Gleyber’s, the Stanton’s, the DJ’s. I’ve seen Eduardo Nunez come through in the postseason. It’s in the mental makeup at this point. Oscar Gonzalez is in our system right now. I don’t know what he’s hitting and I don’t care. I’ve seen him hit in big spots. Take your chances on guys who aren’t bytches, regardless of how the regular season goes.