All episodes of Tales From the Crypt

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Can I just gush about how awesome of a show that Tales from the Crypt was? I would briefly watch it when I was younger, and by briefly, I mean I would watch the opening with the Cryptkeeper and then would turn it off when he went away. But now, I've come to appreciate that what a great show it was. I consider it The Twilight Zone of the 90's. My favorite episodes would have to be "Death of a Salesman" with Tim Curry in 3 different roles, "What's Cookin'" with Christopher Reeves and Judd Nelson, and "You, Murderer" with John Lithgow, and Humphrey Bogart (yes, you read that correctly).

Other favorites include:

• Yellow - A more dramatic story about a cowardly soldier in WW1 with great acting from Kirk and Eric Douglas and a mean twist.
  • Collection Completed - Silly story that takes a dark turn with hilarious performances from Mrs. Roper and M. Emmet Walsh.
  • Cutting Cards - Simple but entertaining
  • Television Terror - Ahead of its time with Morton Downey Jr. going into a haunted house with his cameraman. One of the creepier episodes.
  • Top Billing - Jon Lovitz and a phenomenal twist
  • Split Second - Really well written with a smoking hot Michelle Johnson and a menacingly cranky performance from Brion James.
  • The New Arrival - probably the scariest ep with great turns by David Warner and Zelda Rubenstein.
  • Forever Ambergris - Probably the goriest episode.
  • The Ventriloquist's Dummy - features Bobcat Goldthwait and Don Rickels in a semi-serious role, I wish he would've got to play more of those.
  • The Switch - Arnold Schwarzenegger's directorial debut. This episode stars William Hickey and Kelly Preston at her peak. The ending leads to a definite moral statement having to do with man trying to be something that he's not.
  • The Third Pig - The final episode. A twisted animated take on the 'Three Little Pigs'' tale.
The crippled nephew avenging his bitter shady funeral homeowner uncle is the GOATEST episode:mjcry::damn::ohlawd::wow:

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
Like wtf, why doesn't HBO Max have this
There's a GANG of old HBO programming they don't have on their streaming site. I'd love to watch old eps of 1st & 10, Dream On, Kids in the Hall, America Undercover, etc...and don't get me started on 30 min/1 hr comedy specials like Damon Wayan's

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
I didnt know that. It had to be heavily edited.

yeah, from what i can remember it would come on like at 1 or 2 am in the morning

my memory is blurred because this was back in maybe like 94'? i was 8 then.

but i know i remember seeing it once when i was up late back then.