All black recast - Reservoir Dogs edition

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Mr. Brown: Jordan Peele. No way this gets remade with them passing up putting a black director that can act in that role.

Mr. White: Sterling K Brown. Seems like he'd be able to pull off the charisma of Mr. White, since at least to me, the movie wants you to feel as betrayed as he is.

Mr. Blonde: Daniel Kaluuya. Surprisingly good at pulling off :demonic: shyt. The gym scene from Widows was crazy.

Mr. Pink: Lakeith Stanfield. He'd basically just be playing the negative traits of his role from Judas and the Black Messiah, which isn't bad at all.

Joe/Mr Black: Delroy Lindo. Easy answer is probably Denzel Washington or Forrest Whittaker, but Denzel would need the role expanded to get off a patented Denzel monologue, and Forrest is probably a little too soft-spoken. Delroy could easily show up for all of 10-15 minutes of screentime, and let you know any time he's on screen, it's bad for somebody.

Nice Guy Eddie: Anthony Anderson.

Mr. Orange: Tough. Need someone that can carry a scene, but also comes off as kind've unassuming so the rest of the crew doesn't suspect him. I'd say Nigel Thatch due to his frame (pause), but I can never not see Malcolm X when he's on screen now. Maybe John David Washington?

Last edited:

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Mr. Brown: Jordan Peele. No way this gets remade without them passing up putting a black director that can act in that role.

Mr. White: Sterling K Brown. Seems like he'd be able to pull off the charisma or Mr. White, since at least to me, the movie wants you to feel as betrayed as he is.

Mr. Blonde: Daniel Kaluuya. Surprisingly good at pulling off :demonic: shyt. The gym scene from Widows was crazy.

Mr. Pink: Lakeith Stanfield. He'd basically just be playing the negative traits of his role from Judas and the Black Messiah, which isn't bad at all.

Joe/Mr Black: Delroy Lindo. Easy answer is probably Denzel Washington or Forrest Whittaker, but Denzel would need the role expanded to get off a patented Denzel monologue, and Forrest is probably a little too soft-spoken. Delroy could easily show up for all of 10-15 minutes of screentime, and let you know any time he's on screen, it's bad for somebody.

Nice Guy Eddie: Anthony Anderson.

Mr. Orange: Tough. Need someone that can carry a scene, but also comes off as kind've unassuming so the rest of the crew doesn't suspect him. I'd say Nigel Thatch due to his frame (pause), but I can never not see Malcolm X when he's on screen now. Maybe John David Washington?
:ehh:

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Mr. Brown - someone annoying and neurotic but ultimately irrelevant
cCfTL6qkctE088J3qr8qtgGrZa1.jpg

Mr. White - older and easily upset, but organized and focused...in disbelief and suspicious of all:
be1bVF7qGX91a6c5WeRPs5pKXln.jpg

Mr. Blonde - gives you "nah, this guy is legit psycho" vibes
82d4ebc18c9f1c6989b6641da7fc9a2a3a-7-Lakeith-Stanfield.2x.rsquare.w330.jpg

Mr. orange - true gift of gab, living a double life, can show pain for entire scenes
0808492cba3651ad14d84c669cd98b10.jpg

Mr. Blue - distinguished but irrelevant
960x0.jpg

Mr. Pink - needs the humor, the shock when shyt goes south, etc...
hPwCMEq6jLAidsXAX5BfoYgIfg2.jpg

Joe -
clarkepeters.jpg

Nice guy Eddie:
deon-cole-stand-up-comedy.jpg

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Mr. Brown - someone annoying and neurotic but ultimately irrelevant
cCfTL6qkctE088J3qr8qtgGrZa1.jpg

Mr. White - older and easily upset, but organized and focused...in disbelief and suspicious of all:
be1bVF7qGX91a6c5WeRPs5pKXln.jpg

Mr. Blonde - gives you "nah, this guy is legit psycho" vibes
82d4ebc18c9f1c6989b6641da7fc9a2a3a-7-Lakeith-Stanfield.2x.rsquare.w330.jpg

Mr. orange - true gift of gab, living a double life, can show pain for entire scenes
0808492cba3651ad14d84c669cd98b10.jpg

Mr. Blue - distinguished but irrelevant
960x0.jpg

Mr. Pink - needs the humor, the shock when shyt goes south, etc...
hPwCMEq6jLAidsXAX5BfoYgIfg2.jpg

Joe -
clarkepeters.jpg

Nice guy Eddie:
deon-cole-stand-up-comedy.jpg

These are some solid picks.

Completely forgot about Mr. Blue.

You could probably swap your Eddie and Brown and get something interesting. But if I remember correctly, Eddie has more screentime, doesn't he? Anything that gets Deon Cole more screentime for fukkery is the move.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
I like all the choices in this thread so far

I dig the idea of an all Black “Reservoir Dogs” remake but something tells me that shyt would be regulated to Hulu or Tubi or some shyt
I think it is contained enough that it should be viewed as a play, like glen Gary Glen Ross for example, and you can cast accordingly. An all black version would get heat until the casting came out and people watched

calh45

Cal
Daps
Mr Brown - Terrence Howard
Mr. White - Blair Underwood
Mr. Blonde - Cuba Gooding Jr.
Mr. Blue - Fishburne
Mr. Orange - Damson Idris (Franklin from Snowfall)
Mr. Pink - Kevin Hart
Nice guy Eddie - Jamie Foxx
Joe - Ving Rhames

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Mr Brown - Terrence Howard
Mr. White - Blair Underwood
Mr. Blonde - Cuba Gooding Jr.
Mr. Blue - Fishburne
Mr. Orange - Damson Idris (Franklin from Snowfall)
Mr. Pink - Kevin Hart
Nice guy Eddie - Jamie Foxx
Joe - Ving Rhames
I considered Cuba and Terrance for roles. Terrance would make a good Mr. white. Damson could make a good mr. blonde.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
This would be more interesting if u cast actors relative to the 1992 cast status at the time. Only Harvey Keitel was a big name. Tim Roth was an up and comer and the rest were character actors. The breh u cast as Mr. Brown would fit Mr. Pink in this scenario @Ed MOTHERfukkING G