"All BAD Things Must Come to an End" - Breaking Bad Season 5: Part 2 Official Thread (SPOILERS)

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Flynn like fukk you mean breakfast can wait? :birdman:

CZ9Y8db.jpg

Fred.

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
Nah, that's Walter White in a nutshell: an ego driven idiot. He hasn't been a victim of life since he CHOSE to cook meth.
Wow you are wrong with everything you typed , ego driven ? If that was the case he would have sued Gretchen and Elliot for his share of the company, you have not been paying much attention to detail, Walt goes to that party for Elliot and all his old colleagues acknowledge his genius and how he was smarter than them. In another scene you see Gretchen being taught by Walt . It's stated that she was rich beforehand and Walt and Elliot were not. The ramen noodles gift showed how they struggled along early in life. From what I get , Walt used his knowledge to start the company and Gretchen and her family funded them and she went with Elliot because he had a better business mind than Walt. In every sense do I believe they undermined him, in full measures it's stated that Walt worked for a high end lab company forgot the name but I believe grey matter merged with them and fired Walt. Look at his resume? Nobel prize winner in science and phd in several subjects tells me that grey matter put his name in the dirt and blacklisted him in his field . Diagnosed with cancer at 50 in a dead end job, being offered charity by Gretchen and smug Elliot where they could have offered him a pay out and money for his family for contributions to the company . I look at like this dr tells me I have x amount of time to live so what do I have to lose? Earn money or accept a handout after the fact.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
first episode was a bit lackluster until the ending. the scene in the garage was great.

Daps
Wow you are wrong with everything you typed , ego driven ? If that was the case he would have sued Gretchen and Elliot for his share of the company, you have not been paying much attention to detail, Walt goes to that party for Elliot and all his old colleagues acknowledge his genius and how he was smarter than them. In another scene you see Gretchen being taught by Walt . It's stated that she was rich beforehand and Walt and Elliot were not. The ramen noodles gift showed how they struggled along early in life. From what I get , Walt used his knowledge to start the company and Gretchen and her family funded them and she went with Elliot because he had a better business mind than Walt. In every sense do I believe they undermined him, in full measures it's stated that Walt worked for a high end lab company forgot the name but I believe grey matter merged with them and fired Walt. Look at his resume? Nobel prize winner in science and phd in several subjects tells me that grey matter put his name in the dirt and blacklisted him in his field . Diagnosed with cancer at 50 in a dead end job, being offered charity by Gretchen and smug Elliot where they could have offered him a pay out and money for his family for contributions to the company . I look at like this dr tells me I have x amount of time to live so what do I have to lose? Earn money or accept a handout after the fact.

The fact that Walt on his dying days would rather cook meth, an illegal activity where he may be killed well before his death from cancer and the money he "earned" could be seized by the DEA, than take a job within the company he helped establish (Elliot admits the company is also Walt's) at presumably a higher salary and back in his chosen field screams ego-driven. Partaking in the meth business for his family shows that Walt wanted to provide for his family alone on HIS own terms or they don't get provided for at all. So yeah ego-driven.

The ramen reminded them of their college/grad school days laying the groundwork for Grey Matter, those nights they would stay up late and do research. Elliot, now rich and successful, remembered those days fondly. From what I remember there was no maliciousness or smugness from Elliot's end. If there was I think Gilligan would've shown it instead of having the audience guess what happened.

It's possible that Gretchen's family provided the funding for Grey Matter but I don't think that was the case since the company name only comes from Elliot and Walt's last names. I think all three of them started the company (Elliot and Gretchen were also scientists) and then the incident at Gretchen's house was what caused Walt to leave and take the buyout. Elliot and Gretchen may have gotten together right away or years after Walt left them. I don't believe they undermined him otherwise Gretchen wouldn't have gone along with Walt's lie about his insurance even though they never paid for it. Gretchen seemed legitimately blindsided by Walt's bitterness over Grey Matter.

I believe Walt worked for Sandia Labs when he bought the house and again there isn't anything in the show that showed Elliot and Gretchen blackballing Walt. IMO Gray Matter and having a child with cerebral palsy was what brought a once confident Walt down and led him to sleepwalk through life until the cancer diagnosis.

We've seen Walt rationalize away the plane crash, becoming a drug kingpin, Jesse's relationship w/ Andrea among other things so seeing yourself as well as other people take Walt's side re: Gray Matter at face value is funny.

Had Walt told Elliot and Gretchen that he had cancer who's to say that they wouldn't help him out in any way? Not to mention Walt's co-workers at the school, Hank & Marie, Ted and his company, his neighborhood, the DEA via Hank, etc. Given Walt's reputation at that point I think whether Walt died or not they wouldn't hesitate to help Skylar and the kids. This notion that Walt HAD to cook meth and ultimately put his family in danger from the law and/or drug dealers is why I'm not on #TeamWalt. The only person Walt can blame his current predicament on is Walt.

Last edited:

Breh Obama

First Breh President. Coli Prophet.
Daps
Reppin
Leader of the righteous Brehs!
The fact that Walt on his dying days would rather cook meth, an illegal activity where he may be killed well before his death from cancer and the money he "earned" could be seized by the DEA, than take a job within the company he helped establish (Elliot admits the company is also Walt's) at presumably a higher salary and back in his chosen field screams ego-driven. Partaking in the meth business for his family shows that Walt wanted to provide for his family alone on HIS own terms or they don't get provided for at all. So yeah ego-driven.

The ramen reminded them of their college/grad school days laying the groundwork for Grey Matter, those nights they would stay up late and eat ramen. Elliot, now rich and successful, remembered those days fondly. From what I remember there was no maliciousness or smugness from Elliot's end. If there was I think Gilligan would've shown it instead of having the audience guess what happened.

It's possible that Gretchen's family provided the funding for Grey Matter but I don't think that was the case since the company name only comes from Elliot and Walt's last names. I think all three of them started the company (Elliot and Gretchen were also scientists) and then the incident at Gretchen's house was what caused Walt to leave and take the buyout. Elliot and Gretchen may have gotten together right away or years after Walt left them. I don't believe they undermined him otherwise Gretchen wouldn't have gone along with Walt's lie about his insurance even though they never paid for it. Gretchen seemed legitimately blindsided by Walt's bitterness over Grey Matter.

I believe Walt worked for Sandia Labs when he bought the house and again there isn't anything in the show that showed Elliot and Gretchen blackballing Walt. IMO Gray Matter and having a child with cerebral palsy was what brought a once confident Walt down and led him to sleepwalk through life until the cancer diagnosis.

We've seen Walt rationalize away the plane crash, becoming a drug kingpin, Jesse's relationship w/ Andrea among other things so seeing yourself as well as other people take Walt's side re: Gray Matter at face value is funny.

Had Walt told Elliot and Gretchen that he had cancer who's to say that they wouldn't help him out in any way? Not to mention Walt's co-workers at the school, Hank & Marie, Ted and his company, his neighborhood, the DEA via Hank, etc. Given Walt's reputation at that point I think whether Walt died or not they wouldn't hesitate to help Skylar and the kids. This notion that Walt HAD to cook meth and ultimately put his family in danger from the law and/or drug dealers is why I'm not on #TeamWalt. The only person Walt can blame his current predicament on is Walt.

N!gga fukk you!!!:birdman: