Alice, an enslaved woman in 1800s Georgia who discovers it’s actually the 1970s

mag357

Superstar
Daps
Yea... Someone go ahead and link me to the real story....cause:jbhmm: ummmm yeaaaa ...nah

Nahhhh

TheAnointedOne

Superstar
Daps
In before smart dumb nikkas get to
bytching about “why are they making another slave movie”:damn: :heh:

this movie looks amazing and will inspire people to look up true events that inspired it. I look forward to watching it:obama:

Shut the fukk up white boy.

Yeah alot of us are tired of slave movies. What's so weird about that?

skylove4

Veteran
Daps
Shut the fukk up white boy.

Yeah alot of us are tired of slave movies. What's so weird about that?
You tired of life too cracka. You know what to do
ComplicatedUnsightlyDiplodocus-size_restricted.gif
:sas2:

Last edited:

skylove4

Veteran
Daps
Just watched this movie. It had so much potential with the amazing concept but it failed to deliver . It needed about 1hr or more of extra runtime to flush out the story because it was super rushed. Keke’s acting was pretty good and common’s was serviceable, the plantations owner gave one of the worst performances ever. I just looked up the director and it was some white bytch, so now I understand why it turned out like it did. This movie could have been phenomenal :francis:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I thought it was entertaining, and the ending was cool AF. Really dug the way she modeled herself after Foxy Brown. Common's acting was better than usual so yeah, despite the negative reviews, it was 8/10 for me. :yeshrug:
This was basically a riff on blaxploitation revenge movies (except toned way down) which wasn't what I was expecting from the premise.

skylove4

Veteran
Daps
I want to support Keke Palmer so bad but she is just not convincing as an actress to me
I kinda agree. She’s one of those actresses that can’t help but overact, which is why I think this was her best role. With this movie being kinda like a blaxploitation film, you’re supposed to overact.She’s talented tho and i hope she finds her footing.

1LurkerChick9

All Star
Daps
I kinda agree. She’s one of those actresses that can’t help but overact, which is why I think this was her best role. With this movie being kinda like a blaxploitation film, you’re supposed to overact.She’s talented tho and i hope she finds her footing.
Hopefully she does well in Peele’s
movie , I’m really rooting for her as well