"Ali", 2001 biographical sports drama film with Will Smith, Jamie Foxx, & etc.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Sony said the film, directed by Michael Mann, will be shown in a few hundred locations nationwide. Ali passed away on June 3.

It was recently reported that Smith, who received an Oscar nomination for his portrayal of the legendary boxer, would be a pallbearer at Ali’s funeral this Friday, June 10, in Louisville, Kentucky.

“With the passing of Muhammad Ali, we have received many requests for this film to return to theaters, in celebration of his life,” said Rory Bruer, president of worldwide distribution.

“The film truly honors everything that made Ali one of the central figures of our time, a man who commanded his sport but whose personal faith and principles made him mean so much more,” Bruer added. “Muhammad Ali truly was The Greatest, and this tribute is a great way to honor him.”

Jon Voight, who portrays ABC journalist Howard Cosell in the pic, also received an Academy Award nod. He was nominated for best supporting actor.

“Ali” grossed over $87 million worldwide at the box office in 2001.Muhammad ‘Ali’ Biopic Returning to Theaters for Limited Run

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
:dahell: at Malcom X getting shot up at this townhall meeting???!!!!!!

EDIT:

:patrice: I might finally go ahead & download the Spike Lee & Denzel "Malcolm X" movie off the strength of the 1st half of this movie.

Wow okay seriously homie...all bullshyt aside..how are you just now seeing or hearing or having some sort of knowledge of how Malcolm died? Like no encino man jokes, but just how did you miss that?

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
You better be white, what type of nikka don't know how malcolm x was shot and never seen X.

:dahell: at Malcom X getting shot up at this townhall meeting???!!!!!!

EDIT:

:patrice: I might finally go ahead & download the Spike Lee & Denzel "Malcolm X" movie off the strength of the 1st half of this movie.

Wow okay seriously homie...all bullshyt aside..how are you just now seeing or hearing or having some sort of knowledge of how Malcolm died? Like no encino man jokes, but just how did you miss that?

The Black history they you in school growing up is Cookie-cutter & basic AF. They don't teach you shyt about Malcolm X & the Nation of Islam. The only thing I knew about Malcolm X before watching "Selma" is that he was always compared to MLK & there's a critically-acclaimed early 90's Spike Lee movie about him starting Denzel. That's it.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
The Black history they you in school growing up is Cookie-cutter & basic AF. They don't teach you shyt about Malcolm X & the Nation of Islam. The only thing I knew about Malcolm X before watching "Selma" is that he was always compared to MLK & there's a critically-acclaimed early 90's Spike Lee movie about him starting Denzel. That's it.

No homie, speak for yourself. I went to a freaking christian public school and learned that shyt. Also that aside, why are you relying purely on school and movies to educate you? There are how many books published on Malcolm X? How many documentaries? You never walked into a library either?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
No homie, speak for yourself. I went to a freaking christian public school and learned that shyt. Also that aside, why are you relying purely on school and movies to educate you? There are how many books published on Malcolm X? How many documentaries? You never walked into a library either?

No need to berate him further he gave you explanation. It's an indictment on education system in this country and the lack of continuty within the black commnity. I saw the Malcolm X movie first before I read his biography, but in the age of the internet he has no excuse.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
No need to berate him further he gave you explanation. It's an indictment on education system in this country and the lack of continuty within the black commnity. I saw the Malcolm X movie first before I read his biography, but in the age of the internet he has no excuse.

Fair enough :wow: I'm not even saying the biography but like you said, the age of the internet. Google is everyone's best friend at this point. we walk around with computers in our pocket more powerful than the ones that sent men to the freaking moon.

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
Watching this shyt right now for the first time.

shyts rough Breh

Will is killing me with that impersonation

See that's the difference between an actual actor and a guy who makes movies cause he seems cool

Will is fine with the Fresh Prince goes to space/back in time/another dimension. Or Fresh Prince becomes Superman.

But when he's trying to be someone other than Will-Smith-goes-to-... he kinda sucks.