"Ali", 2001 biographical sports drama film with Will Smith, Jamie Foxx, & etc.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Ali_movie_poster.jpg

Directed/co-written/co-produced by:

Cast:

Finna rewatch this joint later tonight. I seen it a deacde ago, but I don't remember shyt about it. Y'all thoughts?

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
I think Mario Van Peebles did a decent job as Malcolm. But of course him being compared to Denzel is a loss. One thing I recall really loving about the movie was him & Jada, it was so real. I can't think of any other movies that Ali was portrayed in. This was also the first movie I saw Nona Gaye in, I wish I liked her that much in the Matrix 2 & 3 (ha she & Jada were in the shytty Matrix movies together)

Wait, I forgot Jamie was in Ali!! That was the start of his whole serious actor roles, had he not been in Ali I doubt he would have been Ray Charles.
Jamie Foxx Ruins Comedian

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Very good movie, if uneven.

I, to this day still enjoy the beginning where Sam Cooke is singing and it chronicles Ali's encounters with the important people in his life. It's an extremely thrilling and poignant montage. Also the ending fight of Ali vs Foreman is extremely well shot and appropriately triumphant. The casting was on point (Will Smith, Jamie Fox, Jon Voight, Nona Gaye, Mykelti Williamson, Mario Van Peeples)

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Loved it, wish it showed his life after the fight. But it really could've been 5-6 hours if they did

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
:dahell: at Malcom X getting shot up at this townhall meeting???!!!!!!

EDIT:

:patrice: I might finally go ahead & download the Spike Lee & Denzel "Malcolm X" movie off the strength of the 1st half of this movie.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
:dahell: at Malcom X getting shot up at this townhall meeting???!!!!!!

EDIT:

:patrice: I might finally go ahead & download the Spike Lee & Denzel "Malcolm X" movie off the strength of the 1st half of this movie.
"Why Malcolm get killed by the N.O.I!?"
-Styles P
:mjcry: