Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

Strange times leading to strange bedfellows. Didn't have AOC burning political capital on Biden over the last month or so in my bingo cards.

Just watched the entire video. I can appreciate that she hedged her perspective and didn't have the illogical "Biden won before and will definitely win again" response that I've seen float around by some people.

I can also appreciate that she is seeing a lot of uncertainty with the alternative route and is the canary in the coal mine. With that said, similar to his administration, I do think she fails short in making a convincing argument as to when/why/how Biden can dig himself out of this hole. Barring some type of extreme unaccounted for new development (ie Trump dies), I don't see what would shift the momentum back in Biden's favor.

I get that it's unnerving that the elites (my phrase, not hers) seem to be calling the shots, but I do wonder how she squares that with the idea that two thirds of Democrats now want Biden to stand down? Even if the tail is wagging the dog, the sentiment has shifted.

To me, it feels like we are midway through a 2-minute drill and the coach keeps calling plays to the flats and settling for a few yards each play. Eventually, we are going to have to get into shotgun and throw the ball long. Yes there's a higher risk of turnovers, but it is still has better odds than 'playing it safe' and continuing w/ plays that are certain to be a losing strategy unless there's a blown coverage.

Continuing w/ Joe Biden because the alternative is risky seems like the least probable way to have a chance at winning to me. It seems like she's a step slow in her political calculations here but I could be missing something