Alexander Ovechkin scores 800! Chasing Gretzky’s 894 goal record

Patrick Kane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just unfathomable to think that he’s actually on track to break one of Wayne’s “unbreakable” records. He did it in style last night scoring a hat trick to get there and will pass Gordie Howe for #2 all time scoring later this week being only 1 goal away. For scope, look at how he did it:

The only other young players on pace to “potentially” crack 800 are Connor McDavid and Austen Matthews but they’d have to play at least 1300 more games and average 40 goals a game each season to sniff 800 :wow: Ovi also did it scoring 60 goals only once. Easily the GOAT goal scorer and one of the best to ever lace Em up. Brehs don’t miss out on sports history here

vNcmTf.gif

ovechkin-game-seven-hit1.gif

nosticknoproblem.gif

Rookie Ovechkin :wow:

c08a888eda2800e542dd449827e2fa3c.gif

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Can he do it?

Also, what ever became of the heavily hyped up phenom from a few years back, slender young looking guy who was supposed to be the next guy? I assumed that you were talking about him here, but this guy looks like a straight goon.

inndaskKy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This unbreakable record being broken would elevate Wilt's legend. Kareem's unbreakable record getting broken, Gretzky's unbreakable record being broken, Wilt's records remaining as untouchable as ever. Good luck scoring 100 points in a game, averaging 50 points over a season or playing 48+ minutes per game over a whole season in which you don't miss a game. GOAT among GOATs.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Haven't really been following hockey like that, but did this dude pass up Crosby in terms of rivalry?

Hockey brehs, I see that the most goals scored in a season since 2000 is 65 (by Ovechkin), Gretzky's record is 92 and there have been 23 other instances of players scoring more than 65 or more.

Why ain't single players scoring more goals like that anymore? Has the game got more defensive and more about team play?

Last edited:

Youngdev

Superstar
Daps
Whatever happened to Crosby

I thought him and this dude were supposed to be like bird and magic

Also how long has dude been playing. I feel like he only been in the league maybe 7 8 years

Patrick Kane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Haven't really been following hockey like that, but did this dude pass up Crosby in terms of rivalry?

No. They’ve basically been neck and neck their whole careers. Ovi was drafted the year before but due to lockout didn’t play and Sid the next year, so they played in the same season first season together.

Points wise:
Crosby - 1447 points (534 goals/913 assists)
Ovechkin - 1444 points (800 goals/644 assists)

Ovi played about 160 more games (about two full seasons length) as Crosby had some concussion injuries he dealt with for a few seasons. Sid has 3 cups and Ovi has 1.

Crosby is a more well rounded player and if I personally had to choose between the two I’d take Crosby. I think he’s pretty much solidified himself as a top 5 player of all time while Ovi is easily top 10. What makes Sid so good is that he’s basically a 4th line Center that is EXTREMELY skilled. He can score, pass, has incredible vision and can play a two way defensive game. He gets into all the dirty and chippy areas of the ice and is always a threat to score or set up a goal.

Ovi is more like a truck. Hell truck the shyt of you and then score a one timer before you get up off the ice. You not going wrong with either one - both lived up to the hype and surpassed it on some Lebron shyt and they’re both doing what Bron doing now - putting up ridiculous numbers and playing at an extremely high level as top premier players in the league almost 20 years later.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Whatever happened to Crosby

I thought him and this dude were supposed to be like bird and magic

Also how long has dude been playing. I feel like he only been in the league maybe 7 8 years
Crosby has 3 rings
Ovechkin only has 1 ring

That about it.

Youngdev

Superstar
Daps
No. They’ve basically been neck and neck their whole careers. Ovi was drafted the year before but due to lockout didn’t play and Sid the next year, so they played in the same season first season together.

Points wise:
Crosby - 1447 points (534 goals/913 assists)
Ovechkin - 1444 points (800 goals/644 assists)

Ovi played about 160 more games (about two full seasons length) as Crosby had some concussion injuries he dealt with for a few seasons. Sid has 3 cups and Ovi has 1.

Crosby is a more well rounded player and if I personally had to choose between the two I’d take Crosby. I think he’s pretty much solidified himself as a top 5 player of all time while Ovi is easily top 10. What makes Sid so good is that he’s basically a 4th line Center that is EXTREMELY skilled. He can score, pass, has incredible vision and can play a two way defensive game. He gets into all the dirty and chippy areas of the ice and is always a threat to score or set up a goal.

Ovi is more like a truck. Hell truck the shyt of you and then score a one timer before you get up off the ice. You not going wrong with either one - both lived up to the hype and surpassed it on some Lebron shyt and they’re both doing what Bron doing now - putting up ridiculous numbers and playing at an extremely high level as top premier players in the league almost 20 years later.

Are they goat candidates?

Patrick Kane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Hockey brehs, I see that the most goals scored in a season since 2000 is 65 (by Ovechkin), Gretzky's record is 92 and there have been 23 other instances of players scoring more than 65 or more.

Why ain't single players scoring more goals like that anymore? Has the game got more defensive and more about team play?

We’ve had a bunch of 60 goal seasons - Austin Matthews had one last year, Stamkos a few seasons back, Ovi of course hitting 65 but it’s a few things.

When Gretzky scored 92, scoring was much higher. It wasn’t unusual to see games of 7-6 in hockey during his 80s Oilers run. Players were IMO just as skilled but not as fast but the game was physical. Goalie pads/equipment weren’t as big and bulky as today, so it was easier to score goals.

But in the 90s the league entered the “dead puck” era kinda like 90s basketball when scoring dropped drastically due to more zone being played which was also the case in hockey with the introduction of the “neutral zone trap” which made for insanely boring hockey and lowered scoring throughout the 90s. It essentially forces the team to “dump the puck” and chase it due to the Center of the ice being clogged with defenders.

This zone is still used today but it’s been adjusted due to goalie changes but this combined with advances in goalie equipment slowed down scoring. But McDavid currently has 26 goals in 30 games and on pace to score like 76 goals :mjlol: which is insane. I think he gonna slow down but he definitely cracking 60 goals and 150 points. Hes so much better than everyone else in the league, the gap is just isn’t fair.

K-Apps

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brick City/Happy Valley
Can he do it?

Also, what ever became of the heavily hyped up phenom from a few years back, slender young looking guy who was supposed to be the next guy? I assumed that you were talking about him here, but this guy looks like a straight goon.
Connor McDavid, he’s the new top player in the NHL: