Alexander Ovechkin scores 800! Chasing Gretzky’s 894 goal record

inndaskKy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
LOL@ nikkas on the Coli asking about Crosby like "whatever happened to that one kid" :russ:

3 rings and MVP'S guys :heh:
Speaking of forgotten hyped up youth players: whatever became of that Djokovic kid in tennis? He once had a chance to really challenge Nadal and Fed at one of the Slams. Hope he didn't fall back into obscurity and poverty like the guy who beat Mayweather in the Olympics. :mjcry:
I haven't really followed tennis like that since Agassi retired. Not sure what I've missed.

Patrick Kane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
In basketball you can argue Wilt, Kobe, MJ, Bron, Kareem or Magic as the GOAT

can’t do that in the NHL. Nobody is touching Wayne. It’s a lot of elite guys who’ve played but Gretzky is in a tier all by himself

His nickname was literally The Great One :wow:

Mario Lemieux wasn’t better than Gretzky but he was CLOSE and if he wasn’t injured and didn’t get cancer and fukking stopped smoking cigarettes through his career he would’ve been the closest second. The gap between Mario and Wayne at their peak was very close. Mario was legitimately unstoppable in the clutch and grab/duck puck era and he was still putting up unbelievable numbers.

Renegade47

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
North South East West
In basketball you can argue Wilt, Kobe, MJ, Bron, Kareem or Magic as the GOAT

can’t do that in the NHL. Nobody is touching Wayne. It’s a lot of elite guys who’ve played but Gretzky is in a tier all by himself
i read his wikipedia page in disbelief like wtf was this nikka on? :laff:

the goat of goats

GOATpernick

Troy, the God
Supporter
Daps
Top 10 scorers during Gretzky's 6 best seasons :dead:

ivhAuGT.png

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
His nickname was literally The Great One :wow:

Mario Lemieux wasn’t better than Gretzky but he was CLOSE and if he wasn’t injured and didn’t get cancer and fukking stopped smoking cigarettes through his career he would’ve been the closest second. The gap between Mario and Wayne at their peak was very close. Mario was legitimately unstoppable in the clutch and grab/duck puck era and he was still putting up unbelievable numbers.

Lemeiux had size and power

Gretzky was only like 6 feet 165 lbs

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Every time the playoffs come around I wanna try to get into it, because I hear so much about playoff hockey, and last time I got put onto a sport I don’t think I fw was futbol a solid decade ago. I still fw it to this day. As much as I hear about hockey, I know there has to be something to it other than fades.

I really just gotta learn the exact basic rules of the game like icing, their version of offsides, etc. Soccer I learned by playing. I’m not playing hockey :heh:

How does this stack up to Greyzky’s assist+goals thing? I heard so much growing up about him truly being the furthest ahead of his competition when it comes to North American sports GOATs