Alcohol....Working out....

ll_simon

GQ MoTY Candidate
Daps
Reppin
#NJLives #LWO
Do you feel that eventually you can replace alcohol completely? It doesn't sound like you need to be abstinent but if not drinking alcohol but still finding a way to wind down at the end of the night there are replacements out there.

A healthy and safe alternative that you should be doing anyway is 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and 1 tablespoon of honey in a 6ounce cup of water. From August to the end of October I drank that religiously upon waking and before bed (it lowers you blood pressure, overtime) after about 2 weeks that became my "drink" even if I laid in bed and watched the simpsons (which is relaxing to me and I usually fall asleep to it) my body was like nah...not yet. Then I'd hop up, get my drink lay down and I'd be out within 30 mins.

Your ritual can be whatever you want it to be, a glass of milk, a cigarette, a coke, a piece of chocolate, some people drink tea, it's not as much the substance as it is the ritual.
Preach breh, I'll come back and rep you once I'm out the red. This is the truth right here. I smoke cigs but I'm not addicted to them at all. Its totally just a bad habit that I associate certain activities with like drinking, when I get in my car, eating a huge meal. I don't even bring em to work. I have a similar habit of drinking a beer or two after work. NBW totally right about the ritual. Find something new to do, totally mind over matter here.

treezee

LWO
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lost Angels
Preach breh, I'll come back and rep you once I'm out the red. This is the truth right here. I smoke cigs but I'm not addicted to them at all. Its totally just a bad habit that I associate certain activities with like drinking, when I get in my car, eating a huge meal. I don't even bring em to work. I have a similar habit of drinking a beer or two after work. NBW totally right about the ritual. Find something new to do, totally mind over matter here.

No lies told here breh. I do it because I think that's what I'm supposed to do, not even because I want it. I'm not addicted to alcohol I'm more a creature of habit. I like going to my favorite restaurant sitting in the same booth and eating my same favorite dish. :manny: I just have to change that habit to something else.

Like going to the gym :banderas:

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
No lies told here breh. I do it because I think that's what I'm supposed to do, not even because I want it. I'm not addicted to alcohol I'm more a creature of habit. I like going to my favorite restaurant sitting in the same booth and eating my same favorite dish. :manny: I just have to change that habit to something else.

Like going to the gym :banderas:
If you can swing a few AM sessions that will help.

treezee

LWO
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lost Angels
That's usually when I go if I do. It's hard tho because i have to be there at 5:30am to get a good workout in before it's time to get ready for work. I'm trying harder now, gotta focus....

XxBboyxX

Banned
Daps
That's usually when I go if I do. It's hard tho because i have to be there at 5:30am to get a good workout in before it's time to get ready for work. I'm trying harder now, gotta focus....

AM workouts the best. It gives u energy throughout the day and u burn more calories working out on an empty stomach. Id suggest eating carbs with one serving of protein at night to help your with energy in the mornings. I used to be a night owl myself and would workout at night and wouldnt be able to sleep because my body was energized from working out. I tried going to mornings but had no energy to do so. I started to carb up at night so i can have energy in the morning and now i can go through my lifts with no problems in the AM. Plus u get to eat breakfast afterwards which is perfect for recovery due to fast releasing insulin to regenerate your muscles.

Bernie Madoff

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Otisville, Federal Correctional Institution
If you just start exercising and make no other lifestyle changes you will see results (allbeit) slower...

People always talk about alcohol lowering testerone levels ruining protein synthesis... I think all that shyt is false unless you training for a competition. This would be for people who have 3 to 4 drinks a few times a week... If you getting black out drunk every day yeah you gonna have problems.

Worst thing about alcohol isnt the calories... Its the fact it could affect your workouts and the food you eat while drunk.

Last edited:

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Personally, I can gain muscle and drink but not really lose fat and drink. I read somewhere that the body burns alcohol before it burns fat; so when you're drinking everyday the body is basically focused on getting ready of the alcohol and doesn't really get to burn any fat. You should also keep in mind that I get totally out of hand with drinking and that drinking the way you do probably isn't too hard for the body to handle.

treezee

LWO
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lost Angels
Hung out with the homies last night and had a few too many :sas2:....didn't get up for the gym this morning :mjcry:

Gotta make up for it tomorrow morning!

MustafaSTL

Achievement In Every Field of Human Endeavor
Daps
First, 1-2 drinks per day to unwind from work is nowhere close to being an alcoholic. That's moderate. I was watching this documentary on alcoholism and people would be shaking if they didn't get a drink in the morning, afternoon, evening, late at night, everything.

I drink 1-2 times per day. I'm not trying to lose weight, but it's totally doable if you are. Like others said, the juice can be added calories. If I'm mixing, I usually use Coke Zero. I only drink water all day everyday besides alcohol so I'm not sure if that's why liquor doesn't have a negative effect for me. I don't drink coffee, juice, soda, tea, etc. Just a lot of water.

Keep your caloric intake consistent and the weight will come off.

j.smooth4

All Star
Daps
Reppin
D[M]V
If you could narrow it down to 1-2 times a weeks that would be much better.

deeznuts

gentleman and a baller
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
time
Breh.. even though 1-2 drinks/night may not be the end of the world, that is one shytty habit. Alcohol is such a worthless drug and it is terrible for your body as far as sleep/recovery/general wellbeing, and the additional sugars from the juice aint helping. Keep that shyt for occasional times when you kick it with your boys or whatever, but the daily habit should be tossed in the bushes with the quickness. If u need something to "take the edge of" just smoke some weed instead, your body and mind will thank you. Hit the gym hard and up your cardio, keep the diet in check and the weight will drop. You can do it playa:obama:

treezee

LWO
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lost Angels
Breh.. even though 1-2 drinks/night may not be the end of the world, that is one shytty habit. Alcohol is such a worthless drug and it is terrible for your body as far as sleep/recovery/general wellbeing, and the additional sugars from the juice aint helping. Keep that shyt for occasional times when you kick it with your boys or whatever, but the daily habit should be tossed in the bushes with the quickness. If u need something to "take the edge of" just smoke some weed instead, your body and mind will thank you. Hit the gym hard and up your cardio, keep the diet in check and the weight will drop. You can do it playa:obama:
Thank you breh. That sounds so honest like we was just talking I real life. I know I gotta kick the habit and that's just the real fukkin deal. I know even a moderate daily drinking habit is too much. :salute: