Alcohol....Working out....

treezee

LWO
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lost Angels
"I'm gonna start working out this Monday". "Ok for real....I'm gonna start working out this Monday..." This went on for MONTHS except this past Monday I STARTED!!!!!! I'm not gonna stop this time. No brakes! I'm 6'6 260 and want to be 225. I should be able to hit that by May if I stay at it. I'm going for it brehs!!! My downfalll...........

Alcohol :mjcry:

I'm a father of five and although I DO NOT get drunk I feel the need to have 1 or 2 drinks to ease the "end of work day" blues, everyday. My drink of choice, Vodka/juice. I don't overdue it, just 1 or 2 drinks a night (I'm sure that's considered an alcoholic:francis:). I put the kids to sleep most nights, read bedtime stories etc. So trust me I don't drink enough to get faded, I just want a buzz. I'm trying to kick the urge trust me, I know it may affect my gains. But with work and bills and everyday obstacles ya boy be stressed!! :whew: After a couple dranks I feel better :ahh:..

AM I ALL ALONE OUT HERE BREHS???:snoop:

Daps
Reppin
The Last of the Outlaws
The chasers are usually what messes you up with drinking and losing weight. I'm not afraid of aspartame so henny Coke Zero on MY UFC Saturdays hasn't ruined my life. Can you do vodka tonic perhaps? Or keep your bulk calorie intake around workouts and be a lil stingy with carbs the rest of the day?

keep in mind your body views liquor like a toxin so it shuts down most activities (fat loss) to get rid of it so if you wanna be 225 it's gonna come with sacrifice of picking your spots when you drink speaking as a guy around your size.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I drink a few beers a night and more on weekends.

I'm at 10% body fat. The problem is not the alcohol, but what you eat while you are drinking. If you eat clean, you can still lose weight.

With that said, it would make your journey a lot cleaner without the alcohol.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
"I'm gonna start working out this Monday". "Ok for real....I'm gonna start working out this Monday..." This went on for MONTHS except this past Monday I STARTED!!!!!! I'm not gonna stop this time. No brakes! I'm 6'6 260 and want to be 225. I should be able to hit that by May if I stay at it. I'm going for it brehs!!! My downfalll...........

Alcohol :mjcry:

I'm a father of five and although I DO NOT get drunk I feel the need to have 1 or 2 drinks to ease the "end of work day" blues, everyday. My drink of choice, Vodka/juice. I don't overdue it, just 1 or 2 drinks a night (I'm sure that's considered an alcoholic:francis:). I put the kids to sleep most nights, read bedtime stories etc. So trust me I don't drink enough to get faded, I just want a buzz. I'm trying to kick the urge trust me, I know it may affect my gains. But with work and bills and everyday obstacles ya boy be stressed!! :whew: After a couple dranks I feel better :ahh:..

AM I ALL ALONE OUT HERE BREHS???:snoop:

Do you feel that eventually you can replace alcohol completely? It doesn't sound like you need to be abstinent but if not drinking alcohol but still finding a way to wind down at the end of the night there are replacements out there.

A healthy and safe alternative that you should be doing anyway is 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and 1 tablespoon of honey in a 6ounce cup of water. From August to the end of October I drank that religiously upon waking and before bed (it lowers you blood pressure, overtime) after about 2 weeks that became my "drink" even if I laid in bed and watched the simpsons (which is relaxing to me and I usually fall asleep to it) my body was like nah...not yet. Then I'd hop up, get my drink lay down and I'd be out within 30 mins.

Your ritual can be whatever you want it to be, a glass of milk, a cigarette, a coke, a piece of chocolate, some people drink tea, it's not as much the substance as it is the ritual.

treezee

LWO
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lost Angels
The chasers are usually what messes you up with drinking and losing weight. I'm not afraid of aspartame so henny Coke Zero on MY UFC Saturdays hasn't ruined my life. Can you do vodka tonic perhaps? Or keep your bulk calorie intake around workouts and be a lil stingy with carbs the rest of the day?

keep in mind your body views liquor like a toxin so it shuts down most activities (fat loss) to get rid of it so if you wanna be 225 it's gonna come with sacrifice of picking your spots when you drink speaking as a guy around your size.

:salute:

C-NICE

Jiggy is the lifestyle
Daps
Reppin
From Atlanta to San Fran to LA 4now
I just drink henny straight or with ice its the chasers that add all the sugar and the greasy food most people eat ie wing, fries ,burgers ,ihop, wafflehouse. So you drink about 1500 in calories from 2-4 drinks then eat a big mac and fries with bbq sauce that's another 1500 calories so you are over your daily calorie intake in 45min to a hour for the whole day. Like someone said eat better and lose the chasers IMO.

Jparker

Innocence lost in the EAST
Daps
Reppin
Durham,NC
I drink a few beers a night and more on weekends.

I'm at 10% body fat. The problem is not the alcohol, but what you eat while you are drinking. If you eat clean, you can still lose weight.

With that said, it would make your journey a lot cleaner without the alcohol.
Does smoking weed affect gains or losing weight

treezee

LWO
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lost Angels
I just drink henny straight or with ice its the chasers that add all the sugar and the greasy food most people eat ie wing, fries ,burgers ,ihop, wafflehouse. So you drink about 1500 in calories from 2-4 drinks then eat a big mac and fries with bbq sauce that's another 1500 calories so you are over your daily calorie intake in 45min to a hour for the whole day. Like someone said eat better and lose the chasers IMO.

I had waaaaaaaaay too much Henny in my 20's! :whoo:

I can't do yak anymore, plus there's a gang of sugar in dark liquor. Fortunately I hate soda and don't eat too much junk food. I just gotta kick the drinking habit.