Alchemist, Evidence, and Blu in the studio...

SHAQAVELLI

We Are Penn State
Daps
Reppin
PA
Below the Heavens wasn't a classic? :usure:
I'd say it was a 4-4.5/5, real good album.

What's he done since besides alienate his fanbase, forget lyrics on stage, half ass all his music, throw people's names on projects that weren't involved.....and some fans continue to support him :comeon:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Good looks, I'll check these out later.

Only verse I heard by him is "Calmly Smoke" and that beat is so great I don't think anyone could've fukked that song up.

Yeah Red Caret is such a great example. After ALC made the beat Ev decided he wanted it to be an opportunity for him, Rae, and Ras to each just express themselves however they wanted, so although there's some skill flexing, there's also some personal stuff. The fact that you can put Ev on a song with two legends like that and not only does he not get outshined, but he actually hangs and does just as well as either of them...that goes to show how much he has grown as a rapper the past 5 or 6 years. I used to always hate his style to be honest, and now he's one of my favorite rappers.

FloorGeneral

I don't even know anymore...
Daps
Reppin
Packerland
Blu now is very far removed from Below the Heavens. That's a very good album, but to say that he's still at that level is wrong. Hopefully he get's back on his shyt. I'd much rather have seen Fashawn in the cut. Fashawn & Evidence = :thumbsup:

Evidence though? He's dope as fukk. Always has been straight, but he's gotten better and better over the years. Can't wait for the StepBrothers joint.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
I'd say it was a 4-4.5/5, real good album.

What's he done since besides alienate his fanbase, forget lyrics on stage, half ass all his music, throw people's names on projects that weren't involved.....and some fans continue to support him :comeon:

I feel that's a very fair criticism. All I have to say, because I don't really like anything he's done since Below the Heavens, especially all the half ass mixed material and all that...is that people by large all have fukking problems and issues. And I hope Blu can work his demons out.

Everything you said is valid though.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Blu now is very far removed from Below the Heavens. That's a very good album, but to say that he's still at that level is wrong. Hopefully he get's back on his shyt. I'd much rather have seen Fashawn in the cut. Fashawn & Evidence = :thumbsup:

Evidence though? He's dope as fukk. Always has been straight, but he's gotten better and better over the years. Can't wait for the StepBrothers joint.

I would bet Fashawn ends up on the StepBrothers album. I know Blu is far removed from that but from what I heard his verse for this song is good and he came correct.

And "The Far Left" is a project that is going to come out with Ev/Al/Fash but I wouldn't expect it soon however. After StepBros, Dilated, and another Ev solo they might concentrate on that.

SHAQAVELLI

We Are Penn State
Daps
Reppin
PA
I feel that's a very fair criticism. All I have to say, because I don't really like anything he's done since Below the Heavens, especially all the half ass mixed material and all that...is that people by large all have fukking problems and issues. And I hope Blu can work his demons out.

Everything you said is valid though.
:cheers:

I used to fukk with Blu, so I agree it would be refreshing to hear him come correct..though I'm doubting it. We'll see.

kariba

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've tried so many times to get into Ev (pause) but I just can't. Dude's voice is soooo boring. :sadcam:

Blu is a dusthead but I think he can spit a nice 16 here and there, hope this one'll do it.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
I've tried so many times to get into Ev (pause) but I just can't. Dude's voice is soooo boring. :sadcam:

Blu is a dusthead but I think he can spit a nice 16 here and there, hope this one'll do it.

His voice has more energy on Layover and Cats & Dogs than Weatherman IMO, so maybe check those out. If not, yea, he tends to be a rapper that people either really like or not. No one person can do it for everyone.

NovaKane

Swazy
Daps

C/S I can listen to him on featues w/o a problem. But whole joints though? :usure:

I love that joint,"Chase the Clouds Away" though :ohlawd:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
C/S I can listen to him on featues w/o a problem. But whole joints though? :usure:

I love that joint,"Chase the Clouds Away" though :ohlawd:

See the ill thing is is that he's a producer at heart and he knows that. He knows to pick the best production and he also knows how to add the right guest features and then sequence them in the right order so you're never getting too much of one thing. He said he studied The Chronic for that. Not overdoing albums either or having them be too long.

He's very good at knowing what his weaknesses are and downplaying them while playing up his positives. He's very smart about that, and personally, it adds to him as an artist.