Album of the year so far?

Capitol

Did this work
Daps
a decent amount of the ones that most consider to be in the running for the best thus far... Schoolboy Q, Ab Soul, Stoned Immaculate, KRIT, etc... I've been meaning to check that Killer Mike joint, heard it's dope

nothing's really stood out to me thus far as some :ooh: shyt... everyone on here was acting like Ab Soul dropped a classic, but that album was boring as shyt to me :manny:

I guess I'm just more of a fan of dudes that can rap well... dudes like Schoolboy Q, Dom, Currensy, etc. make cool music, but their bars just aren't even in the same realm as guys like Black Thought, Skyzoo, Budden, Lupe, Nas, etc., so I think the 2nd half of the year is more promising, at least in regards to my personal tastes

if I had to pick right now, it's not hip hop, but I'd go with Lana Del Rey's album, I play that more than any hip hop LP that dropped this year

As far a technical proficiency goes Ab-Soul, Killer Mike, and El-P are at the top of the list from the albums I chose. O.C. does extremely well, but there isn't any lines in there that had my mind blown or something. I think Ab-Soul is pretty damn good lyrically, but he doesn't put emphasis on a lot of his stuff. It's just completely subtle.

That Killer Mike album is as dope as people say imo. Hits you hard from the first track and doesn't let up. Besides Jo Jo's chillin, which is kinda a throwback type of track, I fukked with the entire album. Had to cop it after I heard it.

I listened to that Lana Del Rey album too. Our tastes must be completely different if I enjoyed all of the albums I listed and thought Born to Die was just alright. For a non hip hop album I think Pineapple Now Laters takes the cake

Turenne

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Ireland
I'd make a list but I haven't a clue what stuff is retail and what isn't, who gives a shyt nowadays anyway? :ld:

Capitol

Did this work
Daps
I'd make a list but I haven't a clue what stuff is retail and what isn't, who gives a shyt nowadays anyway? :ld:

As I said already if you don't know then make your own personalized list:ld:

I was just responding to why I didn't have 1999 up there:youngsabo:

notorious8562

Sine Metu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
"I don't make dance music this is R.A.P. opposite of that sucker shyt they play on TV"