Album of the year so far?

Capitol

Did this work
Daps
I gotta say Control System holds the crown there. I wanted that physical copy, but their shipping charges are crazy.

Top ten:
1. Ab-Soul - Control System
2. Killer Mike - R.A.P. Music
3. Apollo Brown & O.C. - Trophies
4. Curren$y - The Stoned Immaculate
5. El-p - Cancer 4 Cure
6. Big Krit - Live From The Underground
7.Schoolboy Q - Habits and Contridictions
8. Smoke DZA - Rugby Thompson
9. Death Grips - The Money Store(I know half of yall don't fukk with them)
10. Starlito - Mental Warfare.
HM:BSD & Nacho Picasso - Exalted

Strictly out for retail projects here. What yall think?

Yoda

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Hip Hop
Off top,
1.El-P "C4C"
2.Killer Mike "RAP"

And i mess with Death Grips but that album doesnt hold a candle to Ex-Millitary

Capitol

Did this work
Daps
Off top,
1.El-P "C4C"
2.Killer Mike "RAP"

And i mess with Death Grips but that album doesnt hold a candle to Ex-Millitary

Never peeped it. Just saw The money store getting mad hype so I checked it out

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
1. R.A.P. Music
2. The Stoned Immaculate
3. Habits and contradictions

The only 3 albums I've bumped more than once, I will get around to the other albums specially Ab-souls.
It's crazy that rap has officially turned into pop music 2-3 really dope commercial artists and the everything else that's dope is basically "indie".

labelplant

Wilt Chamberlain
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
In 2012 it's not fair to only list retail albums. The Ross mixtape, Gucci mixtapes are in the top 10 right now. Meek Mill's mixtape is one of the biggest releases of the year too, even though I thought it was disappointing. And don't sleep on Back From the Dead. A top 5 project this year IMO.
Who cares if it went on sale? If it's all (or 90%) original music, it should be counted.

Capitol

Did this work
Daps
In 2012 it's not fair to only list retail albums. The Ross mixtape, Gucci mixtapes are in the top 10 right now. Meek Mill's mixtape is one of the biggest releases of the year too, even though I thought it was disappointing. And don't sleep on Back From the Dead. A top 5 project this year IMO.
Who cares if it went on sale? If it's all (or 90%) original music, it should be counted.
I care motherfukker it's an album thread:jawalrus:. Nah, but seriously. If you can't come up with ten retail albums then feel free to post your list in any style you want. Not going to discriminate :ld:

I thought Ross tape was okay when it dropped, but now I think it is cheeks. Tape already wore out it's welcome with me. Def prefer DC2 over that

Daps
Reppin
SoFla
obviously it's not over, but 2012 is shaping up to be the worst in recent memory in terms of dope albums... Nas, Kendrick, Skyzoo, and Lupe are gonna have to come through and crush the buildings

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
1.) Ab-Soul - Control System
2.) Big K.R.I.T - Live From The Underground
3.) Schoolboy Q - Habits & Contradictions
4.) Killer Mike - R.A.P Music
5.) Curren$y - The Stoned Immaculate

:ld: At this point in the year the mixtape releases >>> retail albums easily.

Daps
Reppin
SoFla
what have you heard?

a decent amount of the ones that most consider to be in the running for the best thus far... Schoolboy Q, Ab Soul, Stoned Immaculate, KRIT, etc... I've been meaning to check that Killer Mike joint, heard it's dope

nothing's really stood out to me thus far as some :ooh: shyt... everyone on here was acting like Ab Soul dropped a classic, but that album was boring as shyt to me :manny:

I guess I'm just more of a fan of dudes that can rap well... dudes like Schoolboy Q, Dom, Currensy, etc. make cool music, but their bars just aren't even in the same realm as guys like Black Thought, Skyzoo, Budden, Lupe, Nas, etc., so I think the 2nd half of the year is more promising, at least in regards to my personal tastes

if I had to pick right now, it's not hip hop, but I'd go with Lana Del Rey's album, I play that more than any hip hop LP that dropped this year