Alabama Senate ELECTION: Jones wins!!! Daps + Reps to all

Gus Money

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Was it really ever a surprise?
I know I should be, but I'm actually kind of surprised. So many Conservative voters have no moral compass despite their claims to be the party of family values.

Donald laid the blueprint for republicans to just bury their heads in the sand in the face of allegations like these. I was naively surprised that conservatives still voted him into office and I should no better than to be surprised again.

I keep wanting to give people the benefit of the doubt but holy shyt.

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I know I should be, but I'm actually kind of surprised. So many Conservative voters have no moral compass despite their claims to be the party of family values.

Donald laid the blueprint for republicans to just bury their heads in the sand in the face of allegations like these. I was naively surprised that conservatives still voted him into office and I should no better than to be surprised again.

Shouldn't be (if you're from the south). As long as you espouse that rhetoric, these "family values" religious conservatives will ride with you, they don't say it out loud, but they will always ride with the home team. Add in that this is the fake news era.

I wouldn't be surprised if dude wins by double digits. All them polls showing that Jones was barely winning should be the writing on the wall.

ezrathegreat

Veteran
Daps
:mjlol: Brehs in here like ":stopitslime:I can't believe Roy Moore is going to win!". :skip:Who the hell did you think all those racist white rednecks were going to vote for?:skip: Doug Jones. Roy Moore is the white supremacist candidate. He's the person who will put white people in Alabama needs and desires before everyone else, that's who the majority of white people will vote for. Same with Trump and Hillary and it will be the same with Trump and whoever he faces in 2020.

Last edited:

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA

Remember the KKK was started by poor Southern whites not against the elites who were taking advantage of them but to make sure blacks knew their place instead of fighting with minorities against those elites.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
This could kill tax reform :mjlol:
Nah. It would probably incentivize them to kamikaze whatever they can before losing power.

The major thing they learned during the Obama years is just to hold the government hostage at the state and local level which they still control.

The only thing Jones winning will do is signal they are in trouble in reliable red districts like what happened in Virginia

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Nah. It would probably incentivize them to kamikaze whatever they can before losing power.

The major thing they learned during the Obama years is just to hold the government hostage at the state and local level which they still control.

The only thing Jones winning will do is signal they are in trouble in reliable red districts like what happened in Virginia

I agree with you but if the conference committee doesn't get things done quickly, it will get ugly for the passage of the bill. The House and Senate have significant differences and the Senate has to stay within the reconciliation rules.

Plus they have to vote on the final bill again.

We're basically at halftime on this and they have a like a 10 point lead.