Alabama Senate ELECTION: Jones wins!!! Daps + Reps to all

Tribaligenesis

All Star
Daps
This is what I was looking for...

Wasn't sure if the cities checked in yet...

At the end of the day, almost half will have voted for Moore, if Doug Jones ends up winning. Honestly there is an opportunity here if Doug Jones does win...he should work on creating an environment for more minorities to relocate to Alabama. And by Alabama I mean, the cities. Make sure that white Evangelists never again have a say in how the state conducts his business.

chargers31

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
chargers
DIbtrZMUIAAd3Cj.jpg

NY's #1 Draft Pick

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
At the end of the day, almost half will have voted for Moore, if Doug Jones ends up winning. Honestly there is an opportunity here if Doug Jones does win...he should work on creating an environment for more minorities to relocate to Alabama. And by Alabama I mean, the cities. Make sure that white Evangelists never again have a say in how the state conducts his business.
And improve that state too

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
going to be super close. according to CNN there are 3 counties w/o any votes having been counted. estimated population for those counties according to 2010 census is almost 100K, the largest of which is more than 60% black. The other two are appx 40%. Assuming turnout is appx 50% that leaves 50K or so additional votes out there. This might be in recount territory.

Daps

I've read numerous times that those states deep in the South are just barely not competitive for Democrats because they have a reliable 40-45 percent of the vote in each state, and it's pretty much all black.

Really, instead of moving out of those states, it might be worth strategically attracting more black people to Alabama and Mississippi and Georgia and registering them to vote. Hillary was banking on this in 2016, actually, and she was competitive in GA, but her plan was probably four years too early to work.