Al Pacino's performance in Godfather III was what brought the movie down, not Sofia Coppolla's

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
People act like this is the worst movie ever. No one has anything positive to say?..cmon say something good one time.....ONE TIME!!!!!!!!! :lolbron:

People did.

i don't agree. i thought Pacino was real good in part 3. but im biased because im a huge pacino fan and especially of the godfather series. obviously 1 & 2 can't be beaten but im glad they were able to finish the trilogy. it could've been worse

I agree. Pacino, Garcia, and Mantegna were all great and the climax scene at the theater and the final scene were all amazing. Too bad the plot was such a mess because there was a great movie there somewhere.

Batter Up

Superstar
Daps
Pacino had grown out of the role at that point but he still gave a passable performance all things considered.

Sofia Coppola was so bad that she literally threw her acting career in the bushes and took up directing right after the movie came out. That tells you everything you need to know.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
People did.

I agree. Pacino, Garcia, and Mantegna were all great and the climax scene at the theater and the final scene were all amazing. Too bad the plot was such a mess because there was a great movie there somewhere.
Mantegna wasnt very good in this flick, his acting for me seemed parody like, especially in the scene with him garcia.and.pacino. dude was out of place. bad casting was one of the major flaws of this film.

Sonny Corinthos

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Port Charles, NY
He was a old and lonely washed up Michael Corleone, he played the role exactly how you'd think Mike would of ended up. He wasn't like his pops so I fully pictured him growing into how he grew.

I liked the performance of him, Andy Garcia and Talia Shire they are the only reasons to watch that movie. Nobody even talks about how Connie assumed the role of trying to make the smart decisions for the family:yeshrug:

Trapped

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was disappointed. The movie was almost too predictable and the whole incest story just made things worse.

The movie should've been made at least 10 years earlier.

Sonny Corinthos

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Port Charles, NY
I was disappointed. The movie was almost too predictable and the whole incest story just made things worse.

The movie should've been made at least 10 years earlier.

10 years earlier and if they payed Duvall to be what he was actually worth to be in it shyt would of played a lot better even with the shyt story.

OGBobbyJohnson

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Tri State Area
Just rewatched the whole trilogy this week & yea I was having a hard time making it thru 3..Pacino wasn't even trying to be Michael Corleone in part 3
They waited 15 yrs to make a part 3 plus no Robert Duvall..Sofia Coppola was terrible lol but in her defense she was a last minute replacement because Winona Ryder dropped out last minute