Al Pacino's performance in Godfather III was what brought the movie down, not Sofia Coppolla's

Kabnis

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It felt like post-scarface Pacino playing Michael rather than Pacino being Michael like in part II. I read that Pacino suffered depression and illness because he was too caught up in the role for Godfather II, I'm sure as an established dude he didn't want to go through all that prep for the role again.

andre patton

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SoCal
pacino became a caricature of himself.

godfather 2 was al pacino acting like michael corleone.

godfather 3 was some guy acting as al pacino acting as michael corleone.

like someone doing an impression of another person doing an impression of another person. like if i was doing an impression of eddie murphy as professor klump instead of me just acting as the character professor klump myself.

i blame the script as well, though. gf1 and gf2 were written with a character, michael corleone. gf3 was written as an al pacino role, which happened to be michael corleone.

so meta
GIF-whoa-what-Wee-Bey-Brice-The-Wire-GIF.gif

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
You could definitely tell they acommodated to Pacino more because some of Michael's strongest traits (his calm demeanor and somewhat introvert nature) were thrown straight into the bushes so Pacino could be more Pacino.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
the script and sofia coppola was straight ass to me. that said, if godfather 3 had come out on its own without 2 classes prequels then it might have been less hated. but too many mistakes along with having to follow 2 of the greatest 5 movies ever was just a recipe for disaster.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Completely disagree with OP but i'm not willing to debate this. I thought he was still a very good Michael Corleone. The movie itself, i agree wasnt exactly good.

Yeah this is how I feel. The movie is so average or below average, it's not worth discussing who was more of a detriment. It's like looking at a fire and arguing who was more responsible for it.

Just like bruddas

Couple shooters in the cut.
Supporter
Daps
I broke my god father 3 blu ray just so i wouldnt ruin the experience with the trilogy. I never seen 3 and i don't want too

mr x

Superstar
Daps
People act like this is the worst movie ever. No one has anything positive to say?..cmon say something good one time.....ONE TIME!!!!!!!!! :lolbron:

tochi

Rookie
Daps
i don't agree. i thought Pacino was real good in part 3. but im biased because im a huge pacino fan and especially of the godfather series. obviously 1 & 2 can't be beaten but im glad they were able to finish the trilogy. it could've been worse