Al Bundy is too raw for 21st century tv

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
It would be fine. This isn't anything new. And there's worse on TV now.

Al wasn't a hero in any sense. If you identity with him you're missing the point.

Its like saying Archie Bunker's racist ass wouldn't fly because he just said what was on his mind. The whole point of the show was that he was an ignorant clown and it was funny to laugh at him. Al is no different. He isn't someone you cheer on. You think Ed O'Neil goes about his day reenacting Al Bundy? The name Bundy directly comes from the serial killer Ted Bundy. Not a coincidence, that's a fact. Sons of Anarchy

You have South Park and Rick and Morty being way over the line and still on the air. And you have Trump out there being one of the most popular presidents ever getting incredible ratings and real life votes.

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It would be fine. This isn't anything new. And there's worse on TV now.

Al wasn't a hero in any sense. If you identity with him you're missing the point.

Its like saying Archie Bunker's racist ass wouldn't fly because he just said what was on his mind. The whole point of the show was that he was an ignorant clown and it was funny to laugh at him. Al is no different. He isn't someone you cheer on. You think Ed O'Neil goes about his day reenacting Al Bundy? The name Bundy directly comes from the serial killer Ted Bundy. Not a coincidence, that's a fact. Sons of Anarchy

You have South Park and Rick and Morty being way over the line and still on the air. And you have Trump out there being one of the most popular presidents ever getting incredible ratings and real life votes.
The name Bundy came from the wrestler King Kong Bundy.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Peg: I bought a new dress. Do you like it?
Al: I dunno, Peg. First I'd have to see it without you in it. :scust:
:stopitslime: Peggy could get it.

@PAWG Life Did you think Peggy from 90's "Married with Children" was smashable back in the day?

No jokes, but he went from this

164415d1361559639-childhood-adult-crush-2a-peggy-bundy.jpg

to this

ModernFamily_S5_About_SofiaVergara.jpg

He went from 6 dollar pay checks to fukking this and living large

:wow:

^sheeeeeit peggy could get that work too tho :takedat:

I'm not even saying she was ugly, cause Peggy got better with time, just trying to say dude is fukking winning :manny:
I've never sat down & watched an episode of "Modern Family", but Al Bundy's wife on "Modem Wife" is definitely finer than Peggy.

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
@PAWG Life Did you think Peggy from 90's "Married with Children" was smashable back in the day?

I've never sat down & watched an episode of "Modern Family", but Al Bundy's wife on "Modem Wife" is definitely finer than Peggy.

it's not what i think, it's what you think. do you think she was smashable back in the day? :jbhmm: