Aint it annoying to hear Old n1ggaz lie about how good their era was

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
I agree & disagree with this thread.

I'll say this tho, if you can shoot, you can shoot. There's always a place for you in the NBA.

Far as football, I dont think Jim Brown would be rnning over nikkas these days like he did back then. :childplease:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Jim Brown was 6'2" and 232 lbs and was fast. Adrian Peterson is 6'1" AND 220 and has no issues running over players today. I think Jim Brown would be running over NFL players today if you give him modern sports medicine.

The rest of this thread comes across as dudes whose balls havent dropped and havent had facial hair grow yet, tbh :yeshrug:

Daps
Typically it makes more sense to judge players relative to their competition but if you look at Kareem's career the difference between the players of the 1960s and the 1980s wasn't that massive.

Hawaiian Punch

umop-apisdn
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The I in Team
The thing y'all ain't realizing is sports back in the day lacked modern medicine. Talent is talent. Athleticism didn't just become a modern trait. It just advanced moreso with the training regimen. Personally I think if you took a wilt or Oscar Robertson and put them in with modern training and fitness they would beast. Same with jerry west. There's always a spot in the nba for non athletic white boys that can shoot:

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
Some of the Wilt nostalgia just makes me :shaq2:

Then Jim Brown was good in his day, but some of those DBs couldnt play special teams today. :mjpls:

This dude Jerry West look awkward and slow as sh1t. Hornacek probably woulda beasted in that era.:comeon:

And what about them old n1ggaz that talk about some n1gga being able to take change off the top of the backboard.

If Howard or Blake Griffin cant do it, some n1gga in the 50s definately didnt do it.:stopitslime:

Not to mention the cats that saw Josh Gibson hits an 800ft homer and saw Satch trow 300 scoreless innings in a gm:wtf:

back then the rules was different...football is softer today than it was jim brown era..

with todays rules..how come nobody touched wilts 100 points 25 rebounds

jim brown played runnin back too:facepalm:

Propaganda

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
back then the rules was different...football is softer today than it was jim brown era..

because basketball isn't played at phoenix sun's on steroids pace anymore.

not taking anything away from those guys but those 2k on rookie mode stat lines had a lot to do with how much faster and how many more shots teams got.

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches

smdh1.gif