Ahmed Johnson vs Farooq on WWF LiveWire appreciation

Ruby'sRevolver

Man in the Black Hat
Daps
I remember feeling bad for Ahmed. Twice he was seemingly on the cusp of superstardom and both times it was derailed by injuries. The first time was in the summer of '96. He's the IC champ and being paired on screen with the world champion Shawn Michaels and was actually more over than Shawn was at this point IMO ( so was Sid). He wins a battle royal making himself the number one contender for the world title and then the kidney issue is discovered and hes out for months.

The second time is when he came back from the kidney issue and ends up turning heel on the Undertaker, joins the Nation of Domination and is named the number one contender for the world title with a title match vs. the Undertaker set on PPV (July '97) but before they get there, he blows his knee out and again is on the shelf and misses another world title match and another big payoff. After that they gave up on trying to push him.

The man had some of the worst luck I've ever seen, not just for getting injured but getting injured at the WORST times. Who knows how his career would've turned out had he been able to stay healthy.

Last edited:

Killah Ray

Carolina hail to thee....
Daps
I remember feeling bad for Ahmed. Twice he was seemingly on the cusp of superstardom and both times it was derailed by injuries. The first time was in the summer of '96. He's the IC champ and being paired on screen with the world champion Shawn Michaels and was actually more over than Shawn was at this point IMO ( so was Sid). He wins a battle royal making himself the number one contender for the world title and then the kidney issue is discovered and hes out for months.

The second time is when he came back from the kidney issue and ends up turning heel on the Undertaker, joins the Nation of Domination and is named the number one contender for the world title with a title match vs. the Undertaker set on PPV (July '97) but before they get there, he blows his knee out and again is on the shelf and misses another world title match and big payoff. After that they gave up on trying to push him.

The man had some of the worst luck I've ever seen, not just for getting injured but getting injured at they WORST times. Who knows how his career would've turned out had he been able to stay healthy.

I think he would’ve been the champion at least once in the span. Bruh just had the worst luck at the wrong times.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
D’lo or mark henry told a story about how the whole locker room watched from the curtain as Ron returned from injury and destroyed Ahmed’s kidneys on purpose
Ron was not legit to be fukked with. Arn Anderson was telling a story during a shoot one time where the locker room was watching The Steiner Bros mercilessly rib a newcomer, and Ron was sitting next him, so Arn asked, "Hey, Ron. The Steiners have ribbed everyone in this locker room except you. How come?" and he said Ron stopped tying his boots, looked up at him, and gave him the :rudy: look, and went back to tying his boots. Arn understood.