Agree or Disagree: There is a Correlation (any) between education level and racial tolerance

MAKAVELI25

the heir apparent
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
:lupe:

Obviously this isn't to say that all educated people are not racist, but is there ANY correlation whatsoever?

Daps
Reppin
The Beach
Nope...

There are toothless racist dummies and the fun Tom Metzgers of the world.

shyt look all the fun things the tobacco execs have said about minorities and most have at least a bachelors (well when they said the comments)

Theraflu

Newly-wed :blessed:
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Power
Nope.

The worst racists are actually the educated ones.

Like that professor who always uses his theories to explain why black people are inferior. Or those professors who spend every year making studies to fit racist hypothesis.

Some of my professors at university were worst than your round the way hill billy racist.

Daps
Reppin
VOID
Nope.

The worst racists are actually the educated ones.

Like that professor who always uses his theories to explain why black people are inferior. Or those professors who spend every year making studies to fit racist hypothesis.

Some of my professors at university were worst than your round the way hill billy racist.

I had a couple of professors like that in my college career. I never respected them.

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
No. White people will be racist regardless of how long they go to school or how many degrees they get.

Ice Cold

King of Blades
Daps
Disagree still a ton of racist out here, I guess there might be some slight correlation. Let me take that back there's a correlation between how well educated you are and how well you conceal it

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
education helps you explain, influence, or even conceal ur racism.

yep
look at say rush limbaugh and sean hannity, or even the kkk

limbaugh and hannity are both extremely educated while like 90% of their listeners are dumb uneducated hicks, the kkk the leadership grand wizards etc. are smart men, while the majority of folks in the kkk are dumb inbred hicks.

you have to watch out for both, the smart racist will spew his hatred, make policies to curb your advancement, not rent to you etc., while the dumb racist will light a cross on your lawn, draw ****** on your garage, or throw a beer at you when hes riding by in his ford f 150

No_bammer_weed

✌️ Coli. Wish y’all the best of luck. One
Daps
yes, there is a fairly strong correlation. Correlation means relationship, not an absolute connection with no examples to the contrary. Yes, we know there are smart racists, (racism in itself is a complex set of conceptions, biases, and views that cant be neatly defined in its entirety), but all anecdotal and empirical evidence has reflected the idea that a lack of education is a fertile breeding ground for racist thought. Racism, at its core, features binary concepts of black/white, good/evil, etc, which are easy to grasp for even the dumbest idiot, which makes such thoughts so accessible and attractive. There are also its psychic benefits (use racism to boost personal self-esteem, which admittedly is more education level neutral)

No_bammer_weed

✌️ Coli. Wish y’all the best of luck. One
Daps
yep
look at say rush limbaugh and sean hannity, or even the kkk

limbaugh and hannity are both extremely educated while like 90% of their listeners are dumb uneducated hicks, the kkk the leadership grand wizards etc. are smart men, while the majority of folks in the kkk are dumb inbred hicks.

you have to watch out for both, the smart racist will spew his hatred, make policies to curb your advancement, not rent to you etc., while the dumb racist will light a cross on your lawn, draw ****** on your garage, or throw a beer at you when hes riding by in his ford f 150

The highest level of education attained by Limbaugh and Hannity is a high school diploma.

MAKAVELI25

the heir apparent
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
yes, there is a fairly strong correlation. Correlation means relationship, not an absolute connection with no examples to the contrary. Yes, we know there are smart racists, (racism in itself is a complex set of conceptions, biases, and views that cant be neatly defined in its entirety), but all anecdotal and empirical evidence has reflected the idea that a lack of education is a fertile breeding ground for racist thought. Racism, at its core, features binary concepts of black/white, good/evil, etc, which are easy to grasp for even the dumbest idiot, which makes such thoughts so accessible and attractive. There are also its psychic benefits (use racism to boost personal self-esteem, which admittedly is more education level neutral)

Bolded and underlined for emphasis