Afro-Russians

mykey

Superstar
Daps
THE UNKNOWN DIASPORA

Abram Petrovich Gannibal (Абра́м Петро́вич Ганниба́л; 1696 – 1781), was a Russian military engineer, general and nobleman of African origin. He was born in modern day Cameroon, Central Africa.

220px-Meller-Zakomelski.jpg

Ivan Gannibal-
(1735-1801) was a military commander and son of Abram Gannibal.

220px-Gannibal_I_A.jpg

Alexander Pushkin (александр Сергеевич Пушкин) (
1799 –1837) was a Russian poet, playwright, and novelist. He is the Great-Grandson of Abram Gannibal.

330px-Portrait_of_Alexander_Pushkin_%28Orest_Kiprensky%2C_1827%29.PNG

Coretti Genrichovna Arle-Titz
{Коретти Арле Тиц} (1881 – 1951), also known as Corette Alefred, was an American-born jazz, spiritual, and pop music singer (lyrical and dramatic soprano), dancer and actress.

330px-Arle-tiz.jpg

Yelena Abdulaevna Khanga ( Еле́на Абдула́евна Ха́нга), is a Russian journalist and TV Anchor, known as the "Russian Oprah Winfrey."

yelena_khanga.jpg

Brian Oladapo Idowu (Брайан Оладапо Идоу; born 18 May 1992) is a Russian-Nigerian professional football player.

330px-Brian_Idowu.jpg

Epiphanny Prince
(born January 11, 1988) is a Russian-American professional women's basketball player for the Seattle Storm of the WNBA, Dynamo Kursk of Russia as well as the Russia women's national basketball team.

Jamierra Faulkner (born March 9, 1992) is a Russian-American basketball player for the Chicago Sky of the WNBA, UMMC Ekaterinburg of the Russian Premier League as well as the Russia women's national basketball team.

Jamierra_Faulkner.jpg

Deanna Nicole "Tweety" Nolan ( Деанна Нолан; born August 25, 1979) is an American-Russian retired professional basketball player for UMMC Ekaterinburg of the Russian Premier League as well as the Russia women's national basketball team.

deanna-nolan-1a66c29b-b67a-4648-af5c-f3f620a52eb-resize-750.jpeg

Abkhazians of African descent or Afro-Abkhazians are group of people of African descent in Abkhazia.

An_African_man_in_Karabakh_by_George_Kennan.jpg

A.M.G are a Hip-Hop collective from Moscow.

Last edited:

Akae Beka

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Some of them got their citizenship there but arent really Russian. I could be wrong but aint no way Deanna Nolan is Russian by genetics. I remember watching her ball out in the wnba and feel like a lot of those women did that to continue their career playing overseas

mortuus est

Veteran
Daps
russian is a nationality not a race

some of the ppl are just children/descendants of african immigrants who didn’t necessarily mix/procreate w/ white russians even tho they lived there

soo is there a chance we have afro polish and afro romanians too ?:ohhh:

mykey

Superstar
Daps
are they not just mix race people?
Abram Gannibal was born in present day Cameroon, Central Africa. He was sold as a slave to the Ottoman empire (present day Turkey) as a child but was rescued by Tsar Peter the Great of Russia and raised as his son.

His descendants are mixed race including many in the Royal houses of Europe.

Peter_the_Great%2C_Tsar_of_Russia.jpg

Last edited:

mykey

Superstar
Daps
damn I was so ready when I seen the title :takedat:

ended up being an informative thread tho :ehh:
I got you fam...:takedat:

Elizabeth Kossi from St. Petersburg, Russia.

Stella Kaziyake from St. Petersburg, Russia

zHAfyFC92Gw.jpg

Viktoriya Nkem from Krasnodar, Russia.

Francine Kayange from Yekaterinburg, Russia

2qJPc3g-whk.jpg

Karmen Moxie-an American R&B singer lives in Moscow, Russia