African Union criticises US for ‘taking many of our people as slaves’ and not taking refugees

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
who else has fought white supremacy as effectively as its primary victims?

no one said they need to take up our causes nikka.

just pay homage and don't come to this country disparaging us.

Colonization was white supremacy breh ...

You said so n!gga

I'm from NY myself and how you letting africans roast you like that ? :lolbron:
Africans are tribal and smug as f*ck. Just clapback instead of getting defensive

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Not trying to ignore their point but ain't this the same African union that dismissed haiti's offer to join them?

:ohhh: I totally forgot all about that we could have had the I'll Africa/Haitian coalition if it jumped off...

:dahell: wtf Happened???

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
1)
Buy a ticket
2)get appropriate vaccinations
3)go to Africa
:ohhh:It works like Just like any other American citizen

Why would you want to go to Africa anyway:hhh:?

I'd go for the real estate...period...:ld: and the women...:shaq:

videogamestashbox.com

Hotep
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
When I win I bring we with me
thinking.gif

im from new york city.

had alot of issues with africans.

ive smashed a few african chicks. alot of them scream about us not having a culture and no home training meanwhile they come here and slide right into the benefits/culture created by african americans.

from issa rae to luvvie (who literally said african americans dont need reparations) theres alot of self hatred and move making that isnt conducive to an empowered black diaspora, let alone empowered african americans or africans. they screaming about us fighting for their immigration but i dont see them fighting with us in the battle of white supremacy. its been african americans for years fighting, buidling, creating. they come here to go to black schools, absorb the culture, and then benefit off of it by having cacs point a mic in their face like they speak for all of us. they take up spots in colleges, jobs, and are nice and quiet when it comes to addressing cacs. they fight into that "model minority" stereotype and thats a problem for me. dont expect us to fight for anything (especially when you benefit off all our fights off the strength that you have black skin anyway)and you dont put nothin in on this struggle we been having for the past 500 years.

if i get a bag of some gas and you aint put in on it, you not smoking my shyt.

and they been smoking our shyt.

now this isnt all africans. most africans do not fall into this category.

i am specifically addressing the ones who come here that already have roots and europe and africa, and funding back home.

I knew just knew that was going to be the case :comeon::snoop: ...and I quote :ufdup:

Ok, so your talking diaspora which is what I figured .......(didn't think we had folks from Amsterdam on board:ehh:).
I'm not knocking your observation one bit. That said I tend to take such observations "with a grain of salt"(so to speak)

Why do I down play your observations?

In short: issues between "black people" and "Moroccan citizens" in Amsterdam probably has just as much(if not more) to do with local dynamics than anything inherent to Moroccan citizens in Morocco.
(Which is what @KidStranglehold was referring to)

Example:
Here in the states you have African Americans in my experience typically from places like NYC, Washington D.C., Minnesota, etc (not shytting on anyone :hubie:) who talk about "Africans don't like us". Basically they take their local reality and try to extrapolate it to apply to everyone when what they are complaining about typically has more to do with their local dynamics than any "universal truth" that all/most "Africans" hold. For that matter it probably doesn't even hold for other African Americans that don't live in those locations.

As a result I don't weigh the experiences of people in diaspora very strongly(outside of their local dynamic) as pertains to their dealings with people visiting/immigrating from the continent.

Just like when I hear a Haitian talking about "African Americans don't like us". I'm immediately thinking south Florida.
What does your experiences in Miami k-12 have to do with AA from savanna, new Orleans, Memphis, etc views on Haitians? Likely nothing, those are mostly local dynamics not shared by other cities. Likewise the issues in NYC are largely local dynamics that New Yorkers tend to push as though their experiences with Africans are shared with other African Americans in the U.S. and that shyt gets old real fast.
yawn.gif
bye.gif

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Video,

thanks for posting that video...the entire series is interesting and will go back and comment on the episode about education.

I think the Nigerian sister is being disingenuous with her comments. Realistically speaking overall, immigration HURTS African Americans, and it's not in their best interests to fight against restrictions. When in history has it been wise to fight for things that aren't in YOUR best interest? On the continent, South Africans felt the impact of mass migration of Nigerians there and started fighting AGAINST it. I'm not knowledgeable about the current situation in Nigeria, but when the day comes that refugees and immigrants from surrounding areas start negatively impact the opportunities or standard of living in Nigeria....the native Nigerians will SURELY not fight for the immigrants.

And yes, I am an actual immigrant and hundreds of Haitians recently moved to Canada as their temporary immigration status here was in jeopardy. My father spend a lot of time and energy helping his relatives come here legally(often at the expense of our household budget), and we continue that tradition since he's passed.
The law is the law. Whatever the law becomes, that doesn't stop you from helping your people. Unless you're employing lobbyists or funding political campaigns.....you're not fighting anything, realistically. It amounts to a lot of huffing and puffing and marching.

SupremexKing

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC/DOHA
1)
Buy a ticket
2)get appropriate vaccinations
3)go to Africa
:ohhh:It works like Just like any other American citizen

Why would you want to go to Africa anyway:hhh:?
is that a serious question?

should i rather want to go to europe?