African Booty Scratcher

Alexander The Great

I ain't gonna say this sh*t again
Supporter
Daps
Hilarious New Series, ‘African Booty Scratcher,’ Basically Sums Up the Immigrant Experience
Damilare Sonoiki, one of the writers of ABC’s hit show, Black-ish, wants to bring us a new comedy series about a Nigerian-immigrant family, Tunde and Ann, and their struggle to balance the pursuit of a better life for their son, Ayo, all while maintaining their traditional values and cultural identity.

African Booty Scratcher
aims to look beyond stereotypes to explore a universally relatable immigrant story: how your friends mispronounce your name, the way the neighbors politely dissect your mom’s cooking, having to explain to your classmates why a B+ is unacceptable.
Click to expand...​

To learn more about African Booty Scratcher check out their Kickstarter page.

@malcolmxxx_45

Alexander The Great

Supporter
Daps
the African Booty scratcher thing is so embarrassing looking back :snoop: we definitely used this as an insult as kids. :smh:

also, Haitian kids at my elementary and middle school would pretend to be Jamaican or Bahamian because they would get teased :snoop:

one of my good friends would say he wasn't Haitian, until we got to high school and there a lot more Haitians and then it became cool to be a zoe

Alexander The Great

Supporter
Daps
Seems like they're trying to reclaim the insult or at least soften its blow a la Fresh Off The Boat

yeah, lot of my Haitian friends in high school called each other "boat" as a playful insult

I hope they dont put a lot of AA vs African things in there.

I already see how they put the black dude in the crowd when they were calling him that name. :francis:

Last thing we need is more black vs black on front street.
I get where you are coming from, but the truth is we did use that term as kids :yeshrug: I don't know if its still used today by kids, but if this could be a teaching tool for parents then you gotta be truthful to your experience imo

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
I get where you are coming from, but the truth is we did use that term as kids :yeshrug: I don't know if its still used today by kids, but if this could be a teaching tool for parents then you gotta be truthful to your experience imo
Truth is telling white people about our internal issues has never done anything beneficial for us and has been harmful in many cases.

For example Chris Rock skit: nikkas vs Black people.

There are better ways to handle that sensitive topic than handling it in a semi lighthearted show like this.

Last edited:

Alexander The Great

Supporter
Daps
Not feeling the name and I have a lot of issues with african immigrants and the way they treat us (AA's) as other or less than...and I'm not talking at the kids throwing insults on the playground, I'm talking adult attitudes and perceptions. Not feeling the premise of this show :manny:
maybe that gets addressed in the show also