Afghanistan Thread | Taliban Rule

Daps
Reppin
WestMidWest
Navy medic and Marine killed in suicide bomb attack at Kabul airport after' thousands' of ISIS-K prisoners were freed from Bagram by the Taliban 12 days ago
The first American victims of the attack on Kabul airport on Thursday has been named as Navy medic Max Sovia and Marine Rylee McCollum.

Soviak, believed to be in his early 20s, was named by his high school in Edison, New Jersey. McCollum was named by his high school in Wyoming. The other 11 have not yet been publicly identified.

McCollum was expecting his first child with his wife. He was deployed to Afghanistan in April.

The identities emerged on Friday as Pentagon officials revealed there was only one suicide bomber at Kabul airport on Thursday and not two, as previously claimed, adding to confusion over the attack and fears for the ongoing operation on the ground.

At the same briefing on Friday, Kirby revealed that thousands of terrorists from ISIS-K, the group responsible for the attack at the airport, escaped from Bagram prison earlier this summer after Biden's troops cleared out from the base, leaving it to outnumbered Afghan forces to supervise them.

US troops suddenly abandoned the base overnight on July 2. The prisoners were filmed being freed by the Taliban on August 15. Military experts have pinpointed the sudden, overnight withdrawal of US troops from Bagram on July 2 as the moment the US gave Afghanistan away.
should've had a kill on site OR surrender policy for all these extremist groups, instead of trying to apply any humanitarian treatment in war policies to a group that doesn't respect human life/international treaties/diplomacy

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
Chinese Recognition of the Taliban Is All but Inevitable

China is likely to recognize and legitimize the new leadership within the coming weeks or months. Prior to the fall of Kabul, Beijing's official position was to support reconciliation between the warring sides—even as it officially engaged with the Taliban since 2019 and unofficially for several years before that. On July 28, Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi welcomed Taliban representatives for consultations in Beijing, the most visible sign of warming Chinese-Taliban relations yet. Just before the Taliban took control, there were already reports Beijing was planning to recognize a Taliban regime.

Since the fall of Kabul, Beijing's statements have been friendly but circumspect. On August 16, one day after Kabul fell, Chinese Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) spokesperson Hua Chunying was asked about potential recognition. She said, “we hope the Afghan Taliban can form solidarity with all factions and ethnic groups in Afghanistan and build a broad-based and inclusive political structure.” That same day, Chinese United Nations envoy Geng Shuang echoed the statement but also noted, “Afghanistan must never again become heaven for terrorists.…We hope that the Taliban in Afghanistan will earnestly deliver on their commitments and make a clean break with the terrorist organizations.”

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
I know they have nukes but why haven't the US went after them?

nukes. period. but I think Pakistan is divided, basically different sides of the government ignore what the other side is doing and the us chooses to ignore it also, cuz nukes. its like if the CIA went rogue and the president acts like they didnt, the Pakistani military is rogue and the other side of the government pretends they arent

i didnt know this until a couple of days ago but India is knee deep into this also because of kashmir. so from what I understand the Pakistani military is pro taliban because they think it will help them in Kashmir and the Indians are supporting anti taliban forces too counteract pakistan

Last edited:

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
The point is they have interest in the region, which could have been used against them to keep bad actors who enjoy unhindered residence in their country at bay.

the paksitinis are the bad actors, they would have done everything they could to put the taliban back in power, what you see happening right now is what the Pakistanis wanted to see happen