Affleck won't direct Batman

Conz

Superstar
Daps
on one hand i want to bang the "DCEU is just endless bad news" drum, but on the other, he's still the producer and star so he'll have a ton of say regardless.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Considering LBN bombed like cray and got shytted on, i'm not surprised. He's basically going to be a co-director though based off his comments so :manny:

Which was the one part of it that gave me pause. You want a director to come on when you've already got him there? Grant it he did write it so technically he's not wrong about it being a collaboration but still that's a tough situation

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
either he didn't think the script was good enough or he really thinks his performance as batman the character will suffer trying to direct and star at the same time, which is reasonably possible. Oh well who cares, no batman film will ever top Nolan's films.
Basically i think the 2nd reason...otherwise he wouod havedropped out completely...and yea nothing is toping Nolan...

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
Damn DC can't catch a break. I didn't want to believe but Wonder Woman supposedly has problems as well. That and Aquaman are what I have faith in. Justice League will be day one for me regardless but I don't have much hope for it.

Edit: Read that Matt Reeves is at the top of the list to replace him. He was also close to directing Man of Steel. He would be a good choice but who knows if he wants to jump into this after the Ape's trilogy.

KevCo

Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
Damn DC can't catch a break. I didn't want to believe but Wonder Woman supposedly has problems as well. That and Aquaman are what I have faith in. Justice League will be day one for me regardless but I don't have much hope for it.
Justin lin doing aquaman is the only reason I have faith in it...he makes fun fukking movies

Edit:james wan not justin lin

Last edited:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Marvel gang lets go easy on these nikkas

tumblr_mbyzf2pmyK1rrb5r9.gif

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
Justin lin doing aquaman is the only reason I have faith in it...he makes fun fukking movies
You mean James Wan? He only directed the last Fast and Furious movie. He has mostly been a horror director, like The Conjuring films, Insidious and the first Saw movie.

KevCo

Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
You mean James Wan? He only directed the last Fast and Furious movie. He has mostly been a horror director, like The Conjuring films, Insidious and the first Saw movie.
Yea sorry james wan lol...ima big fan of his movies, mainly saw and he showed he could do blockbuster with furious 7...i have high hopes for aquaman because hes helming it

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

Edit: Read that Matt Reeves is at the top of the list to replace him. He was also close to directing Man of Steel. He would be a good choice but who knows if he wants to jump into this after the Ape's trilogy.
:obama:Reeves would be a good pick too.