Adult Swim's "Lazarus" prod. by MAPPA (Created by Cowboy Bebop's Shinichirō Watanabe w/ Chad Stahelski)

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL

:ohhh::whew: Gonna be heat. Reveal this Saturday

Adult Swim has greenlit “Lazarus,” a new Toonami series from renowned anime director Shinichirō Watanabe, known for his work helming episodes of “Cowboy Bebop,” “Samurai Champloo” and “Kids on the Slope.”

Produced by anime studio MAPPA, “Lazarus” also recruits the contributions of “John Wick” series director Chad Stahelski, who designed several action sequences for the series, along with the musical talents of saxophonist Kamasi Washington; producer, DJ and musician Floating Points; and producer, DJ and musician Bonobo. The trio will provide a jazz and electronic score for the project.

Watanabe will pull the curtain back on the series at the Adult Swim Festival in San Diego on Saturday at 5:15 p.m., as part of the Comic-Con event Toonami on the Green.

“Lazarus,” which is already in production, takes place in 2052. The series follows a Nobel Prize-winning neuroscientist that develops a drug called Hapuna — a cure-all that has the unexpected side-effect of causing death three years later. A special force of agents is assembled to take on the malevolent Skinner.

“As I embark on this creative journey, I can’t help but feel that this project will serve as a culmination of my career so far,” said Watanabe in a statement accompanying the announcement. “I hope you enjoy it.”

“Shinichirō Watanabe is simply one of the greatest living artists, and it’s a dream come true to be able to collaborate with him on a new original series,” said Jason DeMarco, SVP and head of anime and action series at Adult Swim. “Like all of his work, ‘Lazarus’ is packed with big ideas, incredible characters and a ton of heart. We can’t wait for anime fans to see this world.”

No release plans have been disclosed.

Last edited:

Young Bishop

Piff Poster
Daps
Reppin
Broward County
200.gif

Day one!

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
MAPPA needs to fix their work conditions so they can hire enough animators to handle these big series

They already running them people into the dirt doing JJK/csm/attack on Titan/Jigo and others to the point that the animators are having breakdowns on social media :picard: having more staff would make all of this easier and keep the quality high, but who wants to work slave hours with unrealistic due dates and if the quality drops NO blame goes to the hire ups who created these circumstances

Last edited:

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
MAPPA needs to fix their work conditions so they can hire enough animators to handle these big series

They already running them people into the dirt doing JJK/csm/attack on Titan/Jogo and others to the point that the animators are having breakdowns on social media :picard: having more staff would make all of this easier and keep the quality high, but who wants to work slave hours with unrealistic due dates and if the quality drops NO blame goes to the hire ups to created these circumstances

I was :snoop: once I heard they were making a Chainsaw Man movie alongside Season 2