AD NEED AN MD & LESS SCRUBS IN LA’S ANATOMY: THE 2021 LAKERS OFFSEASON THREAD

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
let go of Rondo, Dwight and Danny Green for Harrel, Gasol and Wes Matthews.

That's your definition of "gutted the team"? And what did any of those moves have to do with Bron?

Danny Green was playing like ass and he was traded for Schroder, not Wes. Dwight left on his own because he felt the Laker front office insulted him by not calling back with a deal quickly enough. Rondo opted-out of his deal and signed for $15 million with the Hawks. Never heard that any of those were LeBron's doing.

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
That's your definition of "gutted the team"? And what did any of those moves have to do with Bron?

Danny Green was playing like ass and he was traded for Schroder, not Wes. Dwight left on his own because he felt the Laker front office insulted him by not calling back with a deal quickly enough. Rondo opted-out of his deal and signed for $15 million with the Hawks. Never heard that any of those were LeBron's doing.

I think Bron absolutely had something to do with them getting Trez and Schroder.

It's obvious that he pulled those strings.

You can't really blame him for them losing Dwight though.

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
Are the Suns gonna be a problem going forward? :patrice:

This nikka Ayton looks like a problem:jbhmm:
If they find a decent pg then yes since Chris Paul wont be there forever. Booker/Ayton and Bridges is a solid 3 though, will need a good floor general.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I think Bron absolutely had something to do with them getting Trez and Schroder.

Whether or not that's true, getting Trez and Schroder didn't "gut the team" unless you were a huge Danny Green fan.

I didn't like either acquisition but it's stupid to claim it gutted the team.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Are the Suns gonna be a problem going forward? :patrice:

This nikka Ayton looks like a problem:jbhmm:

I like how they play a lot. Still feels like they would be lacking against a highly talented team though. Right now they have a nice team defense but they're vulnerable to talented scorers and outside of CP3 (who don't have a lot of miles left) I don't think they really have that go-to scorer to rely on when they really need a bucket. Perhaps Booker could become that guy?

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Whether or not that's true, getting Trez and Schroder didn't "gut the team" unless you were a huge Danny Green fan.

I didn't like either acquisition but it's stupid to claim it gutted the team.

It didn't gut the team but it was a miscalculation by LeGM.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps

On paper it made sense (if you knew the Nets were going to major move)

Who knew Dennis would be out here getting Covid and Trez be completely irrelevant by the time of the playoffs.

I mean the Lakers were the 2 seed with AD looking rusty as hell before the injuries.

I think guaranteeing Dennis and Drummond starting jobs hurt more than anything.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
On paper it made sense (if you knew the Nets were going to major move)

Who knew Dennis would be out here getting Covid and Trez be completely irrelevant by the time of the playoffs.

I mean the Lakers were the 2 seed with AD looking rusty as hell before the injuries.

I think guaranteeing Dennis and Drummond starting jobs hurt more than anything.

Trez being irrelevant by the playoffs was the most predictable outcome of the year. He neither spaces nor defends, unless you set him next to some 3-and-D center then he's a big liability.

Maybe they thought Dennis was the best value they could get for Danny Green and wanted someone who could create his own shot to rest Bron....but starting another poor shooter on a team that desperately needed shooting was a bad decision. As well as starting a point guard who makes....bad decisions.

Both cases were "good deals" in terms of what they spent on them, but that made it feel like they were just chasing the greatest value they could get for what they had rather than picking good fits. Made more sense as trade bait to flip for a shooter and a defender rather than as guys that you would keep next to AD/Bron.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Trez being irrelevant by the playoffs was the most predictable outcome of the year. He neither spaces nor defends, unless you set him next to some 3-and-D center then he's a big liability.

Maybe they thought Dennis was the best value they could get for Danny Green and wanted someone who could create his own shot to rest Bron....but starting another poor shooter on a team that desperately needed shooting was a bad decision. As well as starting a point guard who makes....bad decisions.
He was pretty good at catch and shoot 3s the year before. I just think they tried to get Rondo/Green in one. In terms of having another ball handler and a 39% 3 point shooter. Imo Dennis was stealing opportunities from LeBron getting his teammates easier baskets. Should have came off the bench.

I still think Trez was mismanaged. He's got his flaws, but he should have been in every time a team had a small 5 in the game.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
He was pretty good at catch and shoot 3s the year before. I just think they tried to get Rondo/Green in one. In terms of having another ball handler and a 39% 3 point shooter. Imo Dennis was stealing opportunities from LeBron getting his teammates easier baskets. Should have came off the bench.

I still think Trez was mismanaged. He's got his flaws, but he should have been in every time a team had a small 5 in the game.
Schroder had one out-of-character season, he's not a shooter like that and it should have been obvious he was gonna regress. I agree he DEFINITELY should have been coming off the bench while they played Caruso/KCP as the starters. Sucks that they had so few options that they couldn't start two guards who can shoot.

Other teams have small 5's who either hit threes, play defense, or both. Trez does neither.

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Getting Dwight half way plugs one of the major holes. If they get Dwight then brining back Gasol makes more sense and they could package for a third scorer/ball handler.